pay as you learn!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i wanted to do the creative course i saved up for about 6 months till i had enough money for it, same goes for any other courses i have wanted to do , sometimes i ask for a course as a xmas pressie , or a load of nails stuff for my birthday , if you want it bad enough you will get there :green:

This may be a dumb question but here goes lol

Im trained in l&p NSI so i understand i can do a conversion to gel without having to do another foundation course BUT say i wanted to do gel with creative would i have to do the foundation course as its a diff company or would i still be able to do it as a conversion?

Sorry im having a doped up on painkillers kinda blonde moment :irked:

This may be a dumb question but here goes lol

Im trained in l&p NSI so i understand i can do a conversion to gel without having to do another foundation course BUT say i wanted to do gel with creative would i have to do the foundation course as its a diff company or would i still be able to do it as a conversion?

Sorry im having a doped up on painkillers kinda blonde moment :irked:

You would need to discuss this with Creative Head office and thereofre the best thing to do is give them a call - it depends on whether the course you did is a recognised course by them or not, and also the length of time since you did it. For example I know they do recognise NVQ and VTCT, but don't recognise Essential Nails. I converted to Creative L&P from my inital training with Bio Sculpture gel, but I needed to do some 1-2-1 with Creative first to cover basic product application, as they recognised I understood Health and Safety, and Nail anatomy, but hadn't covered the basic product stuff.

It has caused healthy debate in the past, but any company needs to set its rules, so most folks appreciate that. And I can also honestly say that the 1-2-1 training was probably the best money I have spent in my entire nails career.

You would need to discuss this with Creative Head office and thereofre the best thing to do is give them a call - it depends on whether the course you did is a recognised course by them or not, and also the length of time since you did it. For example I know they do recognise NVQ and VTCT, but don't recognise Essential Nails. I converted to Creative L&P from my inital training with Bio Sculpture gel, but I needed to do some 1-2-1 with Creative first to cover basic product application, as they recognised I understood Health and Safety, and Nail anatomy, but hadn't covered the basic product stuff.

It has caused healthy debate in the past, but any company needs to set its rules, so most folks appreciate that. And I can also honestly say that the 1-2-1 training was probably the best money I have spent in my entire nails career.

Just to mention that its definately worth ringing them as i have done Essential nails Gel,Lcn Mani and Creative Spa mani/pedi and ive been told i can convert to Brisa !
Maybe it depends on what your trainer at Cnd is willing to do but mine was happy if i was confident to do it!! xx

Just to mention that its definately worth ringing them as i have done Essential nails Gel,Lcn Mani and Creative Spa mani/pedi and ive been told i can convert to Brisa !
Maybe it depends on what your trainer at Cnd is willing to do but mine was happy if i was confident to do it!! xx

Its always best to ring them and discuss it, as suggested, as Creative are the ones who have their own guidelines, and this isn't just what course, but also takes into account the length of time since you did it. Its possible they will recognise EN if you've been a working tech for over a certain period of time since qualifying, as experience is also very valuable. Likewise, you also had other qualifications that maybe were recognised. In general it is my understanding they do not support immediate conversion to Creative products after solely a home learn course.

Worth a read is this thread, with particular words of advice from Mrs Geek (aka Samantha Sweet of Hyperion group) words direct from the fount of knowledge all things Creative, that explains things far better than i ever could.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...ion-not-recognised.html?highlight=EN+Creative

But essentially speaking - ring Leeds and ask an Education Advisor, as that is always the best way to get the 'up to date' gospel!

Thanks for the replys!

I'll certainly ring them after xmas (and once i know my arm is out of the cast)
I did my foundation course 10 months ago followed by the spa mani/pedi & nail art, the course covered anatomy, nail disorders, health & saftey etc, it was quite thorough (and mind boggling at times) lol
Any way thanks again and i'll give them a ring :hug:

Once you have completed your foundation course, at yes, around £500 (but well worth every penny IMHO), you need only do a conversion course to other systems. My L&P conversion course with Creative was only a round £100, and I go that much in prodcut, so effectively the training for that is free. The Brisa course is slightly more, but then includes the lamp...again the cost is completely recouped in kit and product, but the training is technically free.
yes i know this but i was just giving an example what if the conversion couse wasn't available with creative or even nsi then it would cost nearly £1000 to do both. And people who or on a very low income wouldn't be able to afford this and this is why most of us go to colleges where some of these courses or free to most of us
Maybe if we could pay for stages of the course if you know what i mean or maybe book 6 months or 12 months before hand and then that way the course is paid for.

Latest posts

Back