Paying by Card

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a card payment machine?

• Yes

Votes: 40 26.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 109 73.2%

• Total voters
Paypal offer a virtual terminal for £20 per month plus 2% of the transaction fee.

Basically you take the card details from the customer and enter them into a secure payment page on their website.

It works great for me.

Hi, I had a look at Paypal virtual terminal on their website and they are £20 plus VAT per month and then 20p on every transaction and plus another 4.4% on the transaction.
Silverpay is £10 plus VAT per month when you pay for a year or £15 plus VAT monthly, there is no 20p charge and the transaction charge is 5%. You have a complete UK based helpdask who will even process the card for you if your P.C dies. You also get a receipt template to customise and give your customer. You can view transactions and statements and print them off. There is a one off set up fee of £50 plus VAT.
SilverPay sales 01494 797145

I'm a new mobile therapist, so at present do not take a card, but if and when I have a regular client base, and fingers crossed a good income, I would definately get a card.

I have to say I hate not being able to pay by card, and the amount of times, I had to nip to the cashpoint after an appointment (it was my cousin's hair salon so I was allowed) as I was running late and didn't get the cash out beforehand. I also only ever got out exactly what I needed, so never did purchase any other products, but I may have done if they'd had a card machine.

I was going to set up my own salon and produced a business plan etc, but I thought hard and fast about including a card machine and decided not to because I felt that the banks were pushing me into doing it and that put me off. The only 1 reason why I did not set up the salon was because the commercial estate agents did not want to release the premises because the building was going to be pulled down. :cry:

I have an HSBC card machine & wouldn't be without it. Most of my clients pay by card & it also allows clients to buy gift vouchers or pay for treatments over the phone. I also think many people find it easier to spend money on treatments & retail without feeling bad about it if it's done on card. I had a one-off payment of £200 for the first year (it gets cheaper in subsequent years), and have to pay 25p for a debit card & 2% of credit cards.

For more information and advice on this subject, there is another poll running called Paying by card? Yes or No
Regards
Helen

Latest posts

Back