Paypal scam-beware!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
Ive just had an email saying they are paypal, but its a scam.. Beware!!!

Dear PayPal Customer,

On August 03, 2013, We recently have determined that different computers have logged in your PayPal account.

And multiple password failures were present before the logo's. We now need you to re-confirm your account information to us.
If this is not completed by ,10, 08, 2013, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely.

Case ID Number : PP-001-544-590

To restore your account,

Please download the attached form to verify your Profile information and restore your account access.

Make sure you enter the information accurately, and according to the formats required.
Fill in all the required fields.

It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the
time, we just need a little more information about your account or latest
transactions.

To help us with this and to see what you can and can't do with your account
until the issue is resolved, log in to your account and go to the
Resolution Center.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Please dont fall for this!!!!

Paypal will always address you by your name, not "paypal customer".
This is an example of phishing, and it's very common indeed!
The rule of thumb here is never open any attachment; just go to your paypal account, log in and see if there really is a problem.

Paypal will always address you by your name, not "paypal customer".
This is an example of phishing, and it's very common indeed!
The rule of thumb here is never open any attachment; just go to your paypal account, log in and see if there really is a problem.

Yep!!! Its so sad thAt people fall for these scams!! Just hope this post helps at least one person! Xx

I had that one lol but I never follow attachments. If ever I get anything like that I delete. Then log in properly to check xxx

If and when you get these type of emails if you forward to [email protected] they'll do their thing and deal with them :)

I get them all the time I never read them is it the one that says click into the attach ment and its not even a paypal email address xx

this is what i get xx
Dear,

We need your help resolving an issue with your account.To give us time to work together on this, we've temporarily limited what you can do with your account until the issue is resolved. we understand it may be frustrating not to have full access to your account.We want to work with you to get your account back to normal as quickly as possible.

What's the problem ?

It's been a little while since you used your account.For reasons relating to the safe use of the Account service we need some more information about your account.

Reference Number: PP-002-458-210-983

It's usually quite straight forward to take care of these things.Most of the time, we just need some more information about your account or latest transactions.

Download the attached document and open it in a browser window secure.
Confirm that you are the account holder and follow the instructions.

Yours sincerely,

I fell for one similarish to this one before, it said I'd spent £70 on Skype and I just panicked thinking someone had hacked into my account, clicked the link to log in put my details in to log in and then realised it didn't say PayPal at the top it was davey and then loads of numbers .com or something soo weird! The worst bit was when I tried to change my password it wanted the account number for one of my old cards (probably the one 1st signed up with) but luckily I found the card!
Just be very careful x

This happened to me but I rung PayPal straight away as I wasn't sure if it was really them and they said if they ever send you an email they address you by your name

I've always sent to [email protected] and get a response saying thank you and that they'd do their thing with it, it doesn't matter if it's eBay/PayPal :) hth x

This is going to sound harsh...
I'm astonished that people STILL fall for this kind of scam. For most "young" people, they've grown up with the internet; I was in my mid thirties when it became popular, and yet even I know that there are many, many people out who will happily exploit the naive.
If you're not sure how to protect yourself you need to wise up right now.
Try this; it should give you a few ideas on how to stay safe online.
How to protect yourself

This is going to sound harsh...
I'm astonished that people STILL fall for this kind of scam. For most "young" people, they've grown up with the internet; I was in my mid thirties when it became popular, and yet even I know that there are many, many people out who will happily exploit the naive.
If you're not sure how to protect yourself you need to wise up right now.
Try this; it should give you a few ideas on how to stay safe online.
How to protect yourself

Im still shocked people fall for it too! Xx

Must have been a rash of them sent out lately I got mine this morning and forwarded it straight on to spoof@paypal ,they normally fall straight into my spam box but this crafty blighter got through :irked:

Must have been a rash of them sent out lately I got mine this morning and forwarded it straight on to spoof@paypal ,they normally fall straight into my spam box but this crafty blighter got through :irked:

Yep mine was in my normal inbox too! X

This annoys me so much!! Iv had the skype ones before but realised straight away. Iv also had emails from amazon when im selling something telling me to post it to an address in nigeria then the money will be transferred but not until i have posted it and given a postal reference number!!! They gave it away because they were very rude & told me my amazon account would be canceled if i didn't post out in 24 hours or other time limit!! I forwarded it to amazon on the few occasions iv had them but im sure they're still doing it. Amazon normally address you as your name but this email didnt & thats a big give away! I felt like emailing them back with a fake reference then another email saying..SUCKERS!! But i just deleted it

Just bumping to make people aware x

Latest posts

Back