Peanut table again!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tip Toes

Reaction score
Hi! I know there has been loads of threads about the ikea peanut table, but can anyone pleeeeeeeeese tell me the centre measurement. Thanks!

Wow!! That was quick.
Thanks

got my old one under my bed !

Why is it under your bed? Dont you like it?

could these be used mobile or they for salons?

Tip Toes said:
Why is it under your bed? Dont you like it?

yes, it was great to work from, but my room is very small and i changed to a glass top desk to make the space seem larger.

gemmac said:
could these be used mobile or they for salons?

too big and heavy for mobile [unless geoff capes does nails now :lol: ]

hi guys after reading this thread i am concerned that i have still not got myself a nail station i need one quich as i open my salon next week i have got everything else but this peanut table sounds awesome where do i get one and are they very expensive please help guys thanx

fluffysheeps33 said:
hi guys after reading this thread i am concerned that i have still not got myself a nail station i need one quich as i open my salon next week i have got everything else but this peanut table sounds awesome where do i get one and are they very expensive please help guys thanx

they come from ikea, cant remember the exact price, but very inexpensive.

Here is a suggestion for your table if you like the Ikea peanut table.

Go to Ikea and buy the peanut shaped top,2 adjustable legs and the Helmer workspace storage drawer set. Use the two legs on one side and use the Helmer drawer set on the other side to hold up the table top. You can put the Helmer on either the left or the right. You need the adjustable legs b/c the Helmer is 70 cm high and the cheaper non adjustable legs are only 69 cm high. If you don't need or want the Helmer draawer set, then just go for the 4 cheaper legs.

My hubby is making me the table top as my desk vent won't attach to the curve of the peanut shaped table. He is making it very similar except on my side the edge will be straight,not curved, to accomodate my desk vent. I will keep the client side curved as it is on the peanut shaped table from Ikea.

I am also going to have him find a way to attach a power bar to the underside of the table or to the Helmer unit so that I don't have electrical cords hanging everywhere. On my old desk he built me a cubby (cube) under the tabletop for my efile box to sit. This was great b/c I didn't have much space for it to st on top of my desk. I might consider having him do the same for my new table as well. It keeps everything neat, tidy and out of the way.

Good luck and happy shopping at IKEA! :lol:

Hi

I have been to Ikea today to buy this very table, I wish I had seen the above thread re storage before I bought mine! I did however buy the adjustable legs so I guess I coud had the storage later.

Just setting up my home salon after doing a year of mobile. Done all the painting, just need a man to make a load of flat pack stuff up, lights and blinds etc....

Good luck!

.... forgot price

£35 for table top, £7 each for legs.

Sarah

You will be able to check the prices of the table, Helmer Unit and legs on line as IKEA products can ordered by phone or online. I live in Canada so the prices I give you won't mean much to you. HTH :)

Helmer unit is handy as you don't need any other drawers to clutter up your room.

You're right, you can add the Helmer Unit later, way to go to buy the adjustable legs!!!!

Latest posts

Back