Pedicure chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Envi

Reaction score
I need to get a comfortable chair for doing pedicures, as I'm just starting out, I can't afford to get the lovely massage chairs with built in foot spa & I have already purchased the footsie bath spa, so could you advise if this chair would be suitable. My concern is that it swivels and would this be annoying if you were working on their foot and the chair kept moving? I have already ruled out any on wheels for this reason. Any advice or recommendations appreciated.
thanks
Carol

Sienna Black Massage Recliner : Massage Reclining Chairs

I bought a Bentwood chair & stool when I started out and Im still using it....I think Ikea do a smilar chair but I cant remember the name of it HTH's

I used to go to a home salon for a pedicure and she had the ikea bentwood chairs and it was lovely and comfy......so much so that I bought one for my house! They start off at about £60 I think, depending what cover you buy.

HTH Lou xx

I did look at those styles, but liked the idea of my clients getting a back massage whilst they get thier pedicure, but just unsure if the swivel would be too annoying, has anyone used anything similar?

Swivel???

They have very high backs so you wouldnt be able to massage on them.....are we talking about the same chair? lol

Ooh looks lovely and squishy! Technical term that, lol.

I haven't tried that kind of chair but i do my pedicures on a bed that swivels and it is not a problem at all. Actually, sometimes i use it to my advantage to wiggle them around while i'm painting.

Hi, the chair looks lovely & comfy, wipeable aswell, i have'nt used swivel myself but cant imagine a problem. But consider, if the massage within the chair is vibration then it may vibrate through to the feet & get on your nerves/interfear when trying to do cuticle work, cutting, filing & polish so you may only be able to use that facility whilst doing foot/leg massage and these chairs often recommend a max of approx 20 min massage. check if you can before purchase. hth :)

I too love the ikea chair its very comfy.
when I worked in a day spa my clients sat on something similar to the sienna chair

Thanks for all the replies, I've decied just to go for it, if it's not so good for doing pedicures I'm sure it will be lovely for myself to relax in at the end of a hard day :lol:. I'll let you know how it goes with the pedicures though.
Carol

Ive now got my pedicure chair and did my first client on it yesterday, she said it was lovely and didn't want to go home, so I can definitely recommend it. The swivel part is fine as you've got to be a bit forceful to turn it so not a problem, glad I went with it now.

so we are still talking about the ikea chair..........whats the name of it please?? Need a new pedi chair myself!!

So is this chair from Ikea then? If so whats the name of it, i need a new pedi chair myself??
Thanks

I have exactly the same one but I paid £99 delivered from a company on ebay. It is so comfortable that when ive a minute I sit in it and get the massage going to relief my aches and pains. The stool also vibrates but you can stop the stool from vibrating. My clients love it.

So is this chair from Ikea then? If so whats the name of it, i need a new pedi chair myself??
Thanks

No, its not the one from Ikea, its the Sienna one I placed the web link on the original thread, it has a built in massage facility, which I use when they have the marine spa masque on and they can lie back and relax and enjoy the massage, and if they want, I give them a final blast of the massage whilst they're waiting for their polish to dry :lol:. As originally mentioned it vibrates, so you couldn't use it whilst you were actually working on the feet. HTH.

I have exactly the same one but I paid £99 delivered from a company on ebay. It is so comfortable that when ive a minute I sit in it and get the massage going to relief my aches and pains. The stool also vibrates but you can stop the stool from vibrating. My clients love it.

What! £99! I've been done again LOL :lol:.
Do you not find the stool a bit bulky when you're doing the pedicures, I find I can't reach the foot spa to wipe off their products over the stool, so I've just removed it and I'm still using my pedi stool with built in foot rest.

Sounds fab, now just to convince the husband.....or alternatively wait till he goes to sea for a few months!!!!!:lol::lol:

No, its not the one from Ikea, its the Sienna one I placed the web link on the original thread, it has a built in massage facility, which I use when they have the marine spa masque on and they can lie back and relax and enjoy the massage, and if they want, I give them a final blast of the massage whilst they're waiting for their polish to dry :lol:. As originally mentioned it vibrates, so you couldn't use it whilst you were actually working on the feet. HTH.

hi, do you have the website where you bought this chair? i'm looking something for me:)

Latest posts

Back