Pedicure - how do you remove hard skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmillieShellac

Reaction score
I am having a demand for feet treatments and nearly all my clients have mentioned that they would love the hard skin removed. At the moment I buff, exfoliate and smooth using masks, paraffin wax and heated booties but clients seem to want more.
My question is this can I go on a course to learn to remove the skin as I've looked and I can't find anything? I'd be interested in finding out what you all do? SS

You could always add a callus peel before the rest of the pedi as this will remove the vast majority of hard skin. You only need pedi qualification to carry out this procedure aswell. HTH x

Yep callus peel - great results, minimal effort!

We use callus peel in salon and it fab,clients love it and so do the therapists.....

Yep callus peel - great results, minimal effort!

Great thank you, what product would you recommend, I have mostly CND products for feet? How does the callus peel work? SS

callus peel is a brand in itself, although CND do a similar product call sea serum , both contain chemical exfoliates that break down callus making them easier to remove, i haven't used the CND Sea Serum but i have used callus peel and it was amazing !!! :eek:

callus peel is a brand in itself, although CND do a similar product call sea serum , both contain chemical exfoliates that break down callus making them easier to remove, i haven't used the CND Sea Serum but i have used callus peel and it was amazing !!! :eek:

Thank you I'll look into that, once its put on do you then have to file/buff? SS

I've JUST seen the ad for MicroPedi here in Salongeel, has anyone used it? SS

I use a sanding machine, which I designed myself. I do have 15 years expierience in the industry. Machine does the job perfectly in removing hard skin, calluses, cracks. Doesn't prowokate skin to build up more, just leaving amazing feet

I'm doing a foot health practitioner course with stonebridge which allows u to be qualified to use the scalpel it costs approx £1000 and its online then u go on to doing practical experience for 1-2 weeks.i started a podiatry degree wasn't for me . This allows u to remove callous effectively :)

For the last hour or so I've been reading all about Callus Peel and I'm very excited about the look of it! Where is the best place to buy it?
My only thought is my clients have their feet done on a massage chair, I dont have a beauty bed so I'm wondering if this would be easily done on a chair? SSx

For the last hour or so I've been reading all about Callus Peel and I'm very excited about the look of it! Where is the best place to buy it?
My only thought is my clients have their feet done on a massage chair, I dont have a beauty bed so I'm wondering if this would be easily done on a chair? SSx

that is exactly what i was thinking! I want to offer hard skin removal and i've just looked into callus peel but i've only got a manicure station and normal office type chairs! :/ x

As far as I'm aware, the only place you can get it is beauty-select.co.uk.

I have the Micropedi Professional and its quick, easy & painless.

Microplane foot file. You can't beat it, makes light work of the most hooflike feet!! Lol

Microplane foot file. You can't beat it, makes light work of the most hooflike feet!! Lol

Where can you buy one of these in the UK please

Iv had clients ask for this treatment too but the whole removing hard skin freaks me out - Iv no idea how its done either, we werent shown this on the course I done :sad: We did use an exfoliator, is that the same?

Iv had clients ask for this treatment too but the whole removing hard skin freaks me out - Iv no idea how its done either, we werent shown this on the course I done :sad: We did use an exfoliator, is that the same?

Youtube it, i did and it shows exactly how it works! Does look a bit disgusting though! Haha x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

is there a sea serum video?

I use the Microplane too, so easy and just brilliant. I think I got it from Amazon, about £27 I think.

Latest posts

Back