Pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenniferlouise

Reaction score
i have a pedicure tomoro. we were taught to give a ped with client on a chair and the bowl on the floor. then the rest of the work on our knee, but i would really like to use the couch (i have bad back at the mo)and need some advice pleeease.. as i have never done it before..xxxx

Last edited:
I sit my client on the chair for the soak and scrub, then do the rest on the couch. I was taught both ways but the client sitting on a chair throughout the whole treatment, has got to be the most uncomfortable way for both the client and the therapist x

thanks for the help, now a silly question, i know,,,,would you work from the end or the side, with knees up or down? x

thanks for the help, now a silly question, i know,,,,would you work from the end or the side, with knees up or down? x
I start with a chair for the foot soak and then I use the couch for the rest of the pedicures i sit at the end of the couch and have a knee bolster for the client which makes it comfortable for them and make their feet in a better position to work on. You could use a large rolled up towel for this placed under their knees. Hope this helps.

thanks for all the help, i will try that xxx

the client sitting on a chair throughout the whole treatment, has got to be the most uncomfortable way for both the client and the therapist x

I'd have to disagree with that. As long as the chair for the client is comfortable & at the right height, and a nice padded (waterproof) cushion is used under the lap towel it's perfectly comfortable. I do all my pedicures this way & have never found it uncomfortable, and as many of my clients fall asleep in their pedicure I'm guessing they don't either!!

I do my with the client on chair soaking, then scrubbing, then getting client on the couch. I sit on my chair directly at the end of the couch and do everything else from there.

You can sit them up or lay them back. A lot of our pedicure clients will lie back and we pop a soothing eye masque and lavender eye pillow on whislt they're having their feet done. If their prefer to sit up, we offer a coffee and magazines.

I only get the client to bend their knees when I'm polishing at the end. xx

I do my with the client on chair soaking, then scrubbing, then getting client on the couch. I sit on my chair directly at the end of the couch and do everything else from there.

You can sit them up or lay them back. A lot of our pedicure clients will lie back and we pop a soothing eye masque and lavender eye pillow on whislt they're having their feet done. If their prefer to sit up, we offer a coffee and magazines.

I only get the client to bend their knees when I'm polishing at the end. xx

That exactly how I do it too. Loving the idea of the eye mask! What a nice little touch. How long do your pedicures take? x

thanks for all the replies. All most helpful, i have to say that even without my bad back,pedicures on my knee has been difficult. tried with a small stool too, but not pleasant. its my age ....lol can i put the bowl on the couch? :lol:xxxxx

thanks for all the replies. All most helpful, i have to say that even without my bad back,pedicures on my knee has been difficult. tried with a small stool too, but not pleasant. its my age ....lol can i put the bowl on the couch? :lol:xxxxx

Yes you can put the bowl on the couch x

That exactly how I do it too. Loving the idea of the eye mask! What a nice little touch. How long do your pedicures take? x

1 hour. Our Spa pedi is 1 hour 15 mins. That includes foot mask or heated booties, were we do a scalp massage whilst there on.

I like to do a hot compress on feet as well before we massage feet. I use the towels out the hot cabbi and add essential oils. Lime, mandarin, peppermint or ginger are my favs.

The lavender eye pillow is great because it block out the light. I start off with the lights dimmed and the candles on and if they have the pillow I can turn the lights up without them knowing. Dim them again before I take them pillow off.

If they don't want the eye pillow, I need to use my mag lamp for detailed work and polishing. xxx

1 hour. Our Spa pedi is 1 hour 15 mins. That includes foot mask or heated booties, were we do a scalp massage whilst there on.

I like to do a hot compress on feet as well before we massage feet. I use the towels out the hot cabbi and add essential oils. Lime, mandarin, peppermint or ginger are my favs.

The lavender eye pillow is great because it block out the light. I start off with the lights dimmed and the candles on and if they have the pillow I can turn the lights up without them knowing. Dim them again before I take them pillow off.

If they don't want the eye pillow, I need to use my mag lamp for detailed work and polishing. xxx

MMMMMM Scotland is not that far from Medford Oregon, USA.... Can you fit me in today? LOL! It sounds soo nice I could fall asleep reading it all!!
When you all say Couch?? I don't think I know what Yo mean. I think of a couch like in my living room...

We do our pedicures on the couch.
We put the footsie bath on a little trolley at the side of the couch and the client sits sideways whilst soaking their feet. Then when the soak is over the client just sits back on the couch with the therapist at the end of the couch.

MMMMMM Scotland is not that far from Medford Oregon, USA.... Can you fit me in today? LOL! It sounds soo nice I could fall asleep reading it all!!
When you all say Couch?? I don't think I know what Yo mean. I think of a couch like in my living room...

Couch as in my beauty bed, what do you call it?

Couch as in my beauty bed, what do you call it?

I have never seen anything like that here. Only things I have seen/used have been the Big chairs with the water tub for the feet or a HIGH chair and a stool.

Latest posts

Back