Pedicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was taught two different types at college. Client in a chair and also client on the couch. With the couch method we were taught to soak the feet and exfoliate before the client got on the couch, Then at the stage you would normally finish using the foot bath ask the client to move onto the couch for the rest of the treatment. I work from home and recently have been doing pedi's with the client on a chair and with me on the floor but it's so uncomfortable for me so i think i'll switch with the couch method Out of interest does anyone else rinse off cuticle remover from hands and feet?

I like the idea of a pedi on a couch, but how do you polish their nails without bending right over the end of the couch to see what your doing? I had a go but was at a really bad angle for my back.

You ask the client to bend their leg to get the foot flat on the bed, It's nice and easy to paint the toes, and keeps the foot really still. As long as the client has the back of the bed in the correct position for them then it's very comfortable.

I would be more than happy to have it in the main salon. I would tend to do the pedi with my client on one chair and me on another with the spa between us and then move her up to the couch to massage her legs and paint her nails by sitting at the end of the couch.xx

We put the foot spa on a little trolley and get clients to sit sideways on the couch with their feet over the edge and then sit back on the couch for the rest of their pedi. My therapist does a fab pedi and the best and most comfy ones i've ever had!

After reading this post, I gave this method a try and it was great...
Thank you!!

i think the couch idea sounds good also.

havent managed to test it yet though.

i mainly like the fact they can lie back while using the footspa.

Great idea I'm going to try it out with the foot spa on the bed. So far I've been doing it with the client in chair for the water bits and then moving them onto couch for massage, filing and painting but tbh any work with them on the chair kills my back and neck and I find it so much quicker with them on couch but never thought to do it all on couch by putting spa on it... thanks great idea!

i did a pedi tonight and with my new couch thought id try that method had client on chair for soak and initial exfoliation then transferred to bed for 2nd exfoliation and rest of pedicure she loved it i even did her eyebrow wax while she had her heated booties on with paraffin wax treatment. be doing it this way from now on. just got her to ben legs and put foot flat on bed while doing polish etc and sparkly glitter and rhinestones, need a bit of glitter!

well i got my first two pedicure bookings and will be doing them on the couch. its teh first time ive done it on an actual client so abit nervous.

Definitely pedicures in private much more relaxing....When you say you just added it does this mean you have just trained in pedicures yourself?? If so what did they suggest doing?

everything went great. couch method was fine. i did intial step with them siting on couch and bowl on a stool and then put spa on couch. easier for my back and tummy.

p.s .spa never tipped over :eek:

i havent done it for over almost 2 years now so had to do it a few times on my hubby this week to refreshen my mind.
ive only ever used chair method and in open space/area.
so i suppose it wasnt my first time ever but first time in a long time.
beauty section was last bit of salon to be done. so has been active for just over 2 weeks.
my therapists do most of the work as they can do alot more then me :)

Latest posts

Back