Pedicurist cut my toe!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollyloves

Reaction score
I decided to get a pedicure before I go on holiday but she used nail clipper tool thing and cut my big toe where ingrown toe nails are. As far as I know I didn't have one. It's throbbing now. Bleeding quite bad. She put alcohol on it. I paid because I am not the type to kick up a fuss. What should I do? Am I prone to infection now?

I would go back for a start you must complain or she will think its acceptable. Did she apologise?
Also if your not a diabetic then you should be fine keep in clean, if your wearing sandles keep the cut covered but let it breath as much as you can x
Were are you going on holiday?

I just got the shivers at the thought. Id definitely go back, she would be a beauty therapist not a doctor/nurse to sort out your ingrown toe nail. X

I decided to get a pedicure before I go on holiday but she used nail clipper tool thing and cut my big toe where ingrown toe nails are. As far as I know I didn't have one. It's throbbing now. Bleeding quite bad. She put alcohol on it. I paid because I am not the type to kick up a fuss. What should I do? Am I prone to infection now?

I would phone and speak to management,

Did the therapist not apologise for accidently cutting the skin? (sometimes these things can happen) I think she brought it to your attention and you've paid.

Personally i think it should be fine, i wouldnt stress myself out over it. Enjoy your hoilday! xoxo

It's a bit late for me to give you this advice now, as your post says 17th August. But, if you ever get cut again, or your cuticle is nipped a little too much, or any part of nail/cuticle/toe feels like it is going to get sore or infected, go and buy some really good quality essential oil of lavender, (tisserand, Jurlique, or similar brand) and put just one drop, neat and undiluted onto the spot. It usually nips any kind of minor infection in the bud, while also magically removing the pain! Do this 2 or 3 times a day, for a couple of days and it will kill off the infection. But always get medical advice for anything that's worse or doesn't shift after a couple of days, or if u are diabetic. (don't get neat essential oils in eyes or use in early pregnancy) :o)

Latest posts

Back