Peel off gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikkiNails

Reaction score
Whilst flicking through salon mag I came across an ad for peel off gel polish!
Has anyone used this product yet? If so what are your thoughts on this? I'm sceptical firstly, will it last any time at all? Secondly, will peeling it off damage. The nails? So many questions! :rolleyes:

I've just seen this in scratch, I just know there will be problems with this

mmmmm I wonder how tough and hard wearing it'll be if it's peel off?

Exactly what I am thinking. Im intrigued but can see polish popping off left right and centre!

Surely this isn't a great way to advertise a gel polish for clients to pick off when there sick of it?

This is the alessandro one?? I have used it and I like it, it wore very well, I managed to keep it on longer than any other system, opi, gelish, shellac. I am a picker and it didn't budge, no chips no lifting for 7 days. I never get that long, maybe 4 at the most, if I am on holiday and not doing horses and chickens.

When it is ready to come off you have to peel it off I think it is best to use the activator to remove it, but I didn't buy it so i just peeled it off, was quite hard to get off but I didnt damage my nails. I am going to order the activated though and try it with that as it is supposed to be easier to remove. It doesn't come off with acetone.

It is supposed to last up to ten days. Shine was great until the day I removed it and it was so easy to apply.

Oh god Ive spent the past two years trying to convince my clients not to pick their nails and now this stuff is telling you to.
:grr::grr:

I give up. Sorry Im sure it is probably fine but it goes against everything Ive learnt :mad:

Oh god Ive spent the past two years trying to convince my clients not to pick their nails and now this stuff is telling you to.
:grr::grr:

I give up. Sorry Im sure it is probably fine but it goes against everything Ive learnt :mad:

I understand where your coming from, Im still studying my lvl2 in college and my tutor always says never pick off.

To me if it is easy to peel off soon as it lifted in a corner you could peel it off and it isnt worth the money.

Would be interesting to see how it works though

What would worry me is if you offered this in addition the clients might not understand that you can peel this but not shellac. As in they would just think we are making it up as we go along.
After a good 2 years I have finally stopped my 'peeler' from peeling before a re-application and I think this will get her confused

I saw this at the professional beauty show, a girl had a set put on and I must admit it looked good.... Until I saw her 2 hours later picking it all off lol. Waste of money in my opinion and totally opposite to what I preach! I love gelish and wouldn't change xx

My concern is that even if you pick off regular nail polish you do some form of damage surely a couple layers of nail plate come off, or perhaps i am wrong. In order for this stuff to adhere to the nail plate then surely when you pick it off you still remove something. CND advocate even the gentle use of a wooden stick can cause some nail plate damage so Im just not convinced that this is damage free. Its just not pressing my buttons at all.

Another here today gone tomorrow fad in my opinion. sorry xxx

I saw this at the professional beauty show, a girl had a set put on and I must admit it looked good.... Until I saw her 2 hours later picking it all off lol. Waste of money in my opinion and totally opposite to what I preach! I love gelish and wouldn't change xx

I'm not sure how she managed to pick it off two hours later mine didn't budge for a week and I am a picker! :lol:

I'm not sure how she managed to pick it off two hours later mine didn't budge for a week and I am a picker! :lol:

Wish I would of paid more attention to the brand! Her came off super easy she didnt even have to pick a lot xx

I think I'm in agreement that this will be another fad product but just for my own curiosity I may have to order a bottle! Good points made re clients mistaking it for shellac and then picking their shellac off! I have had to tell off a few clients for this in the past. Interested to see how it works but not sure I will be offering it anytime soon.

Depends on the nails. Some clients can pick and have no damage at all. Others pick and nails are proper screwed.:rolleyes:

This kind of product just goes against everything we are taught (if taught correctly) and everything we preach to our clients.

I'm concerned about the long term affects a product like this would have on the nail, all might be ok after the first time of peeling off but what about the next time or the next time? Surely each time it is peeled of, it would damage the nail bit by bit.

It's not a product I would touch with a barge pole.

Avon did a polish version years ago...aimed at say nurses who could whip it off quickly the morning after the night before...the problem was came off more or less instantly lol
I wonder if this is supposed to peel off leaving a base coat? Time will tell I suppose .

Latest posts

Back