Peeling with NSI Polish Pro (Shellac)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenity.

Reaction score
I am finding that I get alot of peeling & chipping after using this product.
Is anyone else having this problem please? Or has anyone got any tips on what I may be doing wrong? Thanks

Hello and welcome to Salon Geek :hug:

The title of your thread is a bit confusing. Please clarify if you are using NSI Polish Pro or Shellac. That way, other geeks who use that particular system will be able to respond to your question.

Hope that helps.

I agree with Noodle... I'm a bit confused as they are two completely different products.

I am finding that I get alot of peeling & chipping after using this product.
Is anyone else having this problem please? Or has anyone got any tips on what I may be doing wrong? Thanks

If you are using Polish Pro, here are some possible explanations and solutions:

(Curing issues) Be sure you are using a 36-Watt full hand Versa Cure UV Bonding Lamp (or similar quality full hand lamp). Also, make sure your bulbs are not due to be changed. Bulbs should be replaced every 3-6 months, depending on usage. Also, try extending your Base Coat cure time to 60-90 seconds.

(Application issues) Be sure to leave a tiny margin around the cuticle and sidewalls to prevent lifting. DO NOT cap the edges with your color coats - just the Base & Top Coats. When applying color, do a clean swipe and don't let color build up at the free edge.

(Prep issues) Eliminate the use of Vanish or other cuticle remover product, performing just a “dry” manicure (no soaking in water prior to application either). When dehydrating the nail plate, don't just quickly swipe with Nailpure Plus. Use a scrubbing motion with your Nail Wipe and be sure to get into the side walls and anywhere oil and contaminants could be hiding.

Latest posts

Back