Pencil thin brows- would you do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna from Toronto

Reaction score
If a client came to you with naturally thicker brows and wanted a pencil thin brows- would you do it?

I would go halfway and them get her to look and see if she still wants more taken off.
Best to keep checking as its a huge difference.
I'm not sure many would though as the trend is more towards thicker brows? X

I use a pencil to draw the new shape in. This, clearly shows the client where the brows need to regrow and where I can remove the hair. In 80% of cases there is more to regrow then to remove. I do a lot of "brow repairs".
But I'm not sure what I would do if a client came in and asked for clearly "over plucked" look :o

I wouldn't do it! When people ask her where she gets her brows done, it's you that will be held responsible and you could lose future clients.

No way, ive been trying to grow mine out for years. Thin eyebrows is not a good look. x

I wouldn't do it! When people ask her where she gets her brows done, it's you that will be held responsible and you could lose future clients.

"Customer is always right" is not always the case...
Thanks for your response Kim!

What about if she's always had them done at your nearest competition and they are already over plucked and a bad shape (like 2 'C's on their side) and too far apart and they come to you asking to keep them the same, no reshaping, but you could end up with her as a regular? X

i have to disagree, i would do it , if the client wants the particular look who are we to tell them otherwise? I see plenty of people asking for haircuts and colours that won't suit them but you don't see hairdressers refusing to do it ?

I think if you force your customer into having thick brows when they really wanted super thin brows they will bad mouth you anyway...

Now I would try and coax them into doing it gradually maybe or block out the brow to be removed with white pencil so they get an idea of how it will look before you commit , but if they want their eyebrows super thin then really ladies we are in the service industry and is it not our jobs to give the clients what they want ?

"Customer is always right" is not always the case...
Thanks for your response Kim!
No! We are always right as we are the trained experts. If she was an expert, she'd be doing them at home herself. Right or wrong? :) x

What about if she's always had them done at your nearest competition and they are already over plucked and a bad shape (like 2 'C's on their side) and too far apart and they come to you asking to keep them the same, no reshaping, but you could end up with her as a regular? X

Sorry but I may be missing the point (correct me if I'm wrong). I thought that this client wanted pencil thin eyebrows. If she comes to you with thin brows and wants you to start her on a maintenance plan to grow them out, that's fine to go ahead and have her as a client.

Pencil thin eyebrows are not a good look and like any other aesthetic treatment, you have to improve the look.

Sorry but I may be missing the point (correct me if I'm wrong). I thought that this client wanted pencil thin eyebrows. If she comes to you with thin brows and wants you to start her on a maintenance plan to grow them out, that's fine to go ahead and have her as a client.

Pencil thin eyebrows are not a good look and like any other aesthetic treatment, you have to improve the look.

I guess she just gave us a different scenario :)

No I mean a different client entirely, I had this happen, a girl come to me with terrible eyebrows!
She usually goes to my neighbouring salon but came to me as she couldn't get in.
I tried to persuade her to change them slightly as they were really uneven but that's how she wanted them.
I wanted to say no but I felt I should do as she wanted but I was worried she'd tell people I did them :o

It's a genuine scenario and I wondered your thoughts :|

One thing to consider is who is going to ask someone with "awful" eyebrows where they've got them done?

I see so many women on the street (and even a few friends) that I would love to strap down to my beauty bed and sort there brows are , but I would never ask them where they've got them... However I have asked where a few beautiful brows have come from :)

Just a thought :)

Very good point!
Thank you xx

No I mean a different client entirely, I had this happen, a girl come to me with terrible eyebrows!
She usually goes to my neighbouring salon but came to me as she couldn't get in.
I tried to persuade her to change them slightly as they were really uneven but that's how she wanted them.
I wanted to say no but I felt I should do as she wanted but I was worried she'd tell people I did them :o

It's a genuine scenario and I wondered your thoughts :|
Oh I see! I would talk her through how you think you could improve the shape and show her where she needs to let them grow back. Apply make up to show her how they could look if she let them grow.

Yes course I didn't think of using makeup!
Thanks Kim :)
The answers seem so obvious when pointed out but I often miss such simple things.
she was happy with what i did even though i wasnt so i hope she returns so I can convert her! Heehee x

Latest posts

Back