People asking you to use their products to get the treatment cheaper.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraj

Reaction score
Just had this on facebook:-

Person - Are u free tomz wanting nails done I've got all stuff hw much ?
Me - I just commented on your status I can do them but they will still be £28 as I only use my own products
Person - No I bought all stuff cos I can't afford to have them done all time I will give u money for putting them on
Me -what stuff is it
Person -All nails and acrylic and pink glitter and other couloirs and bows
Me -what brand?
Person -What u mean, Nails are from extras
Me -the brand of the stuff, mines EzFlow, but there’s CND, OPI and others
Person - N salon, All other stuff of eBay
Me -Oh no then I'm not being responsible you don't know what’s in the stuff from eBay and it will take twice as long with that stuff and won't last the same or look as nice
Person - I've had it before and it's fine
Me - I'm not being funny but I have trained and I've tried them all and I only use high quality brands
Person - Fair enough I take my business else wear
Me - ok

Me - I just commented on your status I can do them but they will still be £28 as I only use my own products
Person - No I bought all stuff cos I can't afford to have them done all time I will give u money for putting them on
Me -what stuff is it
Me -what brand?
Me -Oh no then I'm not being responsible you don't know what’s in the stuff from eBay and it will take twice as long with that stuff and won't last the same or look as nice
Me - I'm not being funny but I have trained and I've tried them all and I only use high quality brands
Me - ok

Oh dear cheek of some people, made me laugh tho x

I know I couldn't believe I was having the conversation tbh so I thought I would share

LOL! What a crank. Some people live on another planet. :irked:

She should take her business elsewhere, get manners and learn to spell! What a cheek!

Ive just had a similar conversation. A girl wanted nail art that she'd seen on the net. Told her it'd be the cost of the extensions plus the cost per nail for art. That was too expensive so shes going to have them done by someone who said, and I quote 'I can do them. Im not trained or anything but I've got all the stuff off ebay'. I despair sometimes!!

Ive just had a similar conversation. A girl wanted nail art that she'd seen on the net. Told her it'd be the cost of the extensions plus the cost per nail for art. That was too expensive so shes going to have them done by someone who said, and I quote 'I can do them. Im not trained or anything but I've got all the stuff off ebay'. I despair sometimes!!

Oh god that's even worse, makes me wonder why we bother sometimes

i had a client texting me askin if i could use her products but i made an exeption as she is my cousins girlfriend. i only knocked £3 off so charged her £27 instead of £30 for a full set but she wasnt saving by the time you add up everything she bought which happened to be nsi like i use

i had a client texting me askin if i could use her products but i made an exeption as she is my cousins girlfriend. i only knocked £3 off so charged her £27 instead of £30 for a full set but she wasnt saving by the time you add up everything she bought which happened to be nsi like i use

That's why I asked what she used because if it was something I had used before then I would have concidered doing them for her.

the cheek but i would just say my insurance wouldn't cover me sorry

What a cheek! I can't believe someone would ask you to do that! Well done for sticking your ground and staying true to the profession :) x

the cheek but i would just say my insurance wouldn't cover me sorry

Yes this is what I was thinking and it would be completely true. I also think it would appear less professional. You really can do without client like these. If they are just after the cheapest they will be off at the drop of a hat as soon as someone else will do them for £1 less. Nightmare client. Sounds like you had a lucky escape x

At least she didn't do it in person. I got kicked out for not wanting to do ebay gel polish on someone. :lol:

Did she have the L&p from nsi too

I find that a lot of crap talk comes from Facebook :)

I cant believe someone would be so cheeky to ask this.....its like going to the hairdressers and bringing your own shampoo, conditioner, towel, scissors and comb!

Although I have been asked for a discount as someone didnt have all ten fingers..but i thought that was fair enough and did discount the price.

I find that a lot of crap talk comes from Facebook :)

But of course! Most people are all talk when hidden behind a screen, but in person they're shaking in their boots lol

Dont people understand that it is labour that is the most expensive part not mark up of parts?! At least it is good for a laugh ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Me -what stuff is it
Me -what brand?
Me - ok

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I'd feel too bad that she's taking her business elsewhere. This is both insulting to you as a trained professional and regarding allowing you to adhere to the requirements of your insurance.

I know I couldn't believe I was having the conversation tbh so I thought I would share
You did exactly right.... I've taken my own polish in to have my toes done, but only because I wanted to exactly match my fingers... and I didn't expect or ask for any discount.... people pay you for your skill and training, not the supplies you use. If that were the case, a hired killer should only charge a few dollars for the bullets... :)

Latest posts

Back