People asking you to use their products to get the treatment cheaper.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like to me you did the right thing. Sounds like a pain in the a** client anyway, which is not what you want.

Its like going to a restaurant, taking your own food and asking them to cook it.....

I wouldn't have even got that far into conversation with her.

You definitely don't need clients like that.

I must be really lucky as I have only ever been asked to use a clients products once.
She is a regular Shellac client but she had bought a Chanel colour and wanted me to apply it for her.
I did, along with my usual PEP and used Lumos Base & Top coat.
She then proceeded to pay me the same amount of money as it would have cost for the full Shellac service.
Needless to say, it didn't last very long and she's back on the Shellac!
I have really great clients and I am thankful every day for that.

I don't have any problem with a client wanting me to use their own polish, if they have a favourite colour that I don't then I really don't see the problem.

If it's gel, l&p or polish pro in my case, it's my products that I know are genuine, I know I have all the correct components of the system and am confident in their application and performance, or no products!

Even if someone said they had the same branded products as you, how do you know they are genuine?

Glad I saw this ha a similar conversation with someone over shellac they ha bought off eBay!! Like u I told them no for same reasons u don't know what these products are! So cheeky I haven't invested my time and money in a brand and training for people to get something cheaper these are are clients we all do not need ! Glad you stood it ground :)

You did exactly right.... I've taken my own polish in to have my toes done, but only because I wanted to exactly match my fingers... and I didn't expect or ask for any discount.... people pay you for your skill and training, not the supplies you use. If that were the case, a hired killer should only charge a few dollars for the bullets... :)

so funny :lick:

People try all sorts! I had a lady who came for shellac on fingers but brought her own polish for the toes as she was on a budget! The colour was similar to the shellac she chose for her fingers, I told her I wasn't prepared to do this as I wouldn't be able to guarantee how long it would last. Basically the polish was a cheap 99p one and I knew that it would chip within days and I wasn't prepared for her to blame me!! She had shellac on the toes then after! :D

Just had this on facebook:-

Person - Are u free tomz wanting nails done I've got all stuff hw much ?
Me - I just commented on your status I can do them but they will still be £28 as I only use my own products
Person - No I bought all stuff cos I can't afford to have them done all time I will give u money for putting them on
Me -what stuff is it
Person -All nails and acrylic and pink glitter and other couloirs and bows
Me -what brand?
Person -What u mean, Nails are from extras
Me -the brand of the stuff, mines EzFlow, but there’s CND, OPI and others
Person - N salon, All other stuff of eBay
Me -Oh no then I'm not being responsible you don't know what’s in the stuff from eBay and it will take twice as long with that stuff and won't last the same or look as nice
Person - I've had it before and it's fine
Me - I'm not being funny but I have trained and I've tried them all and I only use high quality brands
Person - Fair enough I take my business else wear
Me - ok

Business...WHAT BUSINESS :lol::lol::lol:...you have to laugh sometimes ehh!

Latest posts

Back