Perils of home removal!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess Layla

Reaction score
A client came to me last week and said "that last lot of shellac ruined my nails" not a complaint she said just an observation. She usually comes for remove & re apply but in the last case didn't have time so did a DIY home removal.

My question to her - how did you remove it? Her reply exactly the same as you do it, with cotton pads, foil, acetone and a scraper :eek:

It funny how they think our job is easy, I pointed out that i don't use neat acetone and definitely not a metal scraper.

She has since decided that I'm the best lady for the removal job not her! I'm sure some people think that we do lots of training for fun!

A client came to me last week and said "that last lot of shellac ruined my nails" not a complaint she said just an observation. She usually comes for remove & re apply but in the last case didn't have time so did a DIY home removal.

My question to her - how did you remove it? Her reply exactly the same as you do it, with cotton pads, foil, acetone and a scraper :eek:

It funny how they think our job is easy, I pointed out that i don't use neat acetone and definitely not a metal scraper.

She has since decided that I'm the best lady for the removal job not her! I'm sure some people think that we do lots of training for fun!

I use pure Acetone D.Solve and CND Wraps to remove and considering how many times I have removed my Shellac over the last 3 years of using it you would perhaps think I might have signs of surface dehydration and I do not have even the tiniest sign of it anywhere. Not the tiniest. It is not even a thing we think about with clients, that is how little a problem it is. We do not buff the nails and we more or less make them all come in for removal at 2-3 weeks (we do not encourage 3 weeks because they have so much regrowth, but of course some want to push it).

Latest posts

Back