Perm gone wrong!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishi85

Reaction score
hey hair geeks really hoping you can help my hair was quite wavy and on some days it would be a bit on the curly side. since curls suit me better i decided to get a perm but its now how i wanted it!!!!!:eek:

i wanted ringlets (ive currently got little stringy spirally spaggetti things) and not right at the top of my head - she even did some of my fringe and i look like a mop!! :cry:

im really upset and was wondering - can you have another perm to correct it or achieve the look i wanted because i really dont like it!!!!

please help geeks!!

thanks in advance!!xx:)

hmmm you can get another perm on bigger rods to correct the curl but you are looking at dry hair then. Condition the heck out of it..deep condition. This will help loosen the curl up a bit. You need to wait a week or more before trying anything else.

HTH's

hmmm you can get another perm on bigger rods to correct the curl but you are looking at dry hair then. Condition the heck out of it..deep condition. This will help loosen the curl up a bit. You need to wait a week or more before trying anything else.

HTH's

thanks for that hun - iv had it for well over a month or so now and it looks dry and a mess basically - curls are not right at all..:confused:

Deep Condition it. By this I mean to shampoo with a good conditioning shampoo. (Not Pantene!!!)
Towel dry-apply a conditioner that says to leave in for 3 or more mins. Bag your hair (plastic wrap does well if you don't have a elastic banded cap)
Walk around and do housework for a half hour or so..rinse out really well.
Do this a couple times a week.

aww thanks hunni ill do that see how it goes!!!! will let you know! xxxxx

hi im new here :hug: y:hug: not try a good conditioning treatment this can be done in a hairsalon :idea: :eek::eek: let me know how you get on

Hi
if you are really unhappy with it depending on the condition
you could have it gently relaxed a bit till it grows out ,

This is where they put the same solution on and stand with it and gently comb the hair and watch it till it is visibly relaxed
and then rinse it immediately and then neutralize it in its new relaxed state ,

It probably still wont be the way you wanted it but it is something to think about and it wouldn't take too long :hug:

like the rest of these imma tell you to deep condition your hair, if you still want another perm dont be put off by whats happened with your current one, just next time specify what type of curl you want. maybe take in a pic of it? or just ask for a loose perm, you can get perms that simply put a natural wave to your hair, & ones that give you curls that you could accomplish with tongs or irons. the "spaghetti" ones youve got now are called corkscrew curls there the typical 80's hairstyle and only certain people can pull it off. if you do go for another perm & it doesnt come out exactly how you want it..tell the stylist ..& she'll fix it for you

Good Luck <3

Hi, this post is from last year Lol x :hug:

Hi, this post is from last year Lol x :hug:

I would advise you to buy a leave in conditioner, put it in your hair, also a bit of vaseline works wonders for dry hair, dont wash your hair for 3-4 days. even rinse out conditioners you dont have to rinse them out.

I would advise you to buy a leave in conditioner, put it in your hair, also a bit of vaseline works wonders for dry hair,:eek::eek: dont wash your hair for 3-4 days. even rinse out conditioners you dont have to rinse them out(SAYS WHO?)

I am sorry but are you a professional hairdresser or what?

The advice you have given is non professional advice.
This is a professional forum for professional hairdressers.

Normally i wouldn't bother answering something like this but this is not the answer .
If you re-read the thread it is about a perm not quite what the person was looking for.

You are advising someone to put vaseline in their hair here!! It is ridiculous advice .
Please refrain fom giving advice if you are not a pro hairdresser.

Hth x

Last edited:
I would advise you to buy a leave in conditioner, put it in your hair, also a bit of vaseline works wonders for dry hair,:eek::eek: dont wash your hair for 3-4 days. even rinse out conditioners you dont have to rinse them out(SAYS WHO?)

I am sorry but are you a professional hairdresser or what?

The advice you have given is non professional advice.
This is a professional forum for professional hairdressers.

Normally i wouldn't bother answering something like this but this is not the answer .
If you re-read the thread it is about a perm not quite what the person was looking for.

You are advising someone to put vaseline in their hair here!! It is ridiculous advice .
Please refrain fom giving advice if you are not a pro hairdresser.

Hth x

Got to agree here......i have never heard of anyone putting vasleine in there hair because it was dry......:eek::eek::eek::eek:..........DONT DO IT PLEASE.

hey hair geeks really hoping you can help my hair was quite wavy and on some days it would be a bit on the curly side. since curls suit me better i decided to get a perm but its now how i wanted it!!!!!:eek:

i wanted ringlets (ive currently got little stringy spirally spaggetti things) and not right at the top of my head - she even did some of my fringe and i look like a mop!! :cry:

im really upset and was wondering - can you have another perm to correct it or achieve the look i wanted because i really dont like it!!!!

please help geeks!!

thanks in advance!!xx:)

Hey, I understand what you mean. The first time I had a perm, my hair was exactly the same. The best thing to do is just leave it. After about a month my hair calmed down, and my wispy bits went into spirals. Since then I have always had a perm. All I do is put a lot of conditioner on my hair and tie it back within the first month of having it done. Dont worry about it, next time you have it done ( if you have it done agian), bring in a picture of how you want it x x x hope i helped x x x

Hey, I understand what you mean. The first time I had a perm, my hair was exactly the same. The best thing to do is just leave it. After about a month my hair calmed down, and my wispy bits went into spirals. Since then I have always had a perm. All I do is put a lot of conditioner on my hair and tie it back within the first month of having it done. Dont worry about it, next time you have it done ( if you have it done agian), bring in a picture of how you want it x x x hope i helped x x x

Hi .... :) I think it may have settled by now as this was posted in 0/7 lol :)

Hi .... :) I think it may have settled by now as this was posted in 0/7 lol :)

omg! you made me lol so much when i read this!! i actually have tears from just chuckling at what you said! :D fingers crossed it was fixed within a year! *wipes tears*
x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back