Perm S.O.S.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiemc84

Reaction score
so a regular client has seen a picture of a lovely model with a lovely curly blow an a caption saying it to have this hair get a demi wave.
this client has extremely thick hair its in good condition but has been bleached previously and now has highlift bright red tint allover.
my question is will her hair take a perm nice and am i able to use large setting rollers as apposed to perming rods???

thanks in advance

I would take a test cutting first then if the hair is okay to perm on I would be tempted to go for a double wind perm or use the curlformers

You will NEVER get a perm to look like a curly blow dry. The hair ropes and undulates around itself. You can do a perm and style it into a curly blow and it'll stay in until she washes it but then she'd have to get a blow dry every time she washes it. Its just not realistic.

I've been through all this with she is adamant she wants this perm 'beach waves' apparently there calling it, her is extremely thick and poker straight, I wondered if I could use large setting rollers it would look more natural?? But I'm not sure if we are allowed to use setting rollers instead of perm rods?? Xx

I've been through all this with she is adamant she wants this perm 'beach waves' apparently there calling it, her is extremely thick and poker straight, I wondered if I could use large setting rollers it would look more natural?? But I'm not sure if we are allowed to use setting rollers instead of perm rods?? Xx

It'll probably just stay straight and go into stringy groups if you use big rollers. Id use the biggest perm rods, that'll give you a loose curl but to be honest i wouldn't do it at all, she's probably not had a perm before so she doesn't know proper aftercare and its a lot to deal with going from pin straight to curly! It wont look like beachy waves xx

It'll probably just stay straight and go into stringy groups if you use big rollers. Id use the biggest perm rods, that'll give you a loose curl but to be honest i wouldn't do it at all, she's probably not had a perm before so she doesn't know proper aftercare and its a lot to deal with going from pin straight to curly! It wont look like beachy waves xx

No it won't! Hehe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok thankyou for great advice xx

She might also have trouble keeping her vibrant red hair if it's got bleach under neath and then a perm, it might not hold red very well.

Be sure to use a perm meant for double processed hair. Haven't done one in years, but I remember my gran doing perms on bleached hair. She always used a perm specifically for bleached hair. When she did one on hair that was fine, she'd toss out half of the perming solution and add water. I know, old school, but she got good results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Acid perms are usually best for sensitised hair. But they don't really work that well without heat.

R black rods the biggest I've seen some jumbo ones but only seem to be able to get them in America, hence why I was asking about using setting rollers??????
TIA xx

What would be the best shampoo to use before perming ill be buying from sallys. Clarifying? And then what would be best to advise them to use afterwards. They are wee old people. And always pick up the cheapest from super market

What would be the best shampoo to use before perming ill be buying from sallys. Clarifying? And then what would be best to advise them to use afterwards. They are wee old people. And always pick up the cheapest from super market

Wella Professionals Pure, its in a big purple bottle.

Second that wella professionals pure is lovely doesn't strip the hair either

Ok thats great thanks

IView attachment 83889 did this perm recently . Needed to twist and diffuse dry though

I don't think it looks like a bouncy blow dry or up to date but maybe it's just me. Not a criticism of your work at all as I'm sure that's what the client wanted and it's taken and everything. I just still find the whole perm thing looks so old. X

I don't think it looks like a bouncy blow dry or up to date but maybe it's just me. Not a criticism of your work at all as I'm sure that's what the client wanted and it's taken and everything. I just still find the whole perm thing looks so old. X

Yeah me too... im sure its a good perm but they just dont give the.same effect...

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah i agree. I don't it looks anything like a curly blow. The poster may have a different definition of curly blow as we do though.

Latest posts

Back