Perm S.O.S.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wasn't meant to look like a curly blow . I forgot to add that that was on blue rods just so the OP had reference to size

Hey.
I'm an eyelash extensionist so come from the other forum.

I love curly hair, always have. I have hair that comes below my bra strap. It was last coloured 1 month ago. Box dye. I really want to go for something permanent instead of using my ghost all the time. What I would like to ask is it still possible to get a perm with me just having a recent colour? If not how long should I wait before I take the plunge?
What would you suggest i put on my hair to get it ready for a perm.
I do not want a tight curl but something similar to the pictures I've attached.
is it wishful thinking that I will get a look like either of them?

A perm isn't a common request now so I'm hesitant to go to any hairdressers in my town especially when I do not visit one anyway.

I hope someone can direct me.

I live in West Yorkshire so if anyone knows of any good hairdressers in this area pls let me know so I can speak with them and get a consultation.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

To be honest a lot of box colours contain metallic salts which react with professional chemical. If anything i would suggest getting a strand test done and don't get your hopes up.

To be honest a lot of box colours contain metallic salts which react with professional chemical. If anything i would suggest getting a strand test done and don't get your hopes up.

Thank you. I cannot attach the pics... driving me crazy.

Appreciate your advice.

Thank you. I cannot attach the pics... driving me crazy.

Appreciate your advice.

Perms don't negate the need for styling. You will never get a wash and go stlye from a perm. Perms help hold a curly style, but you'll still have to use tongs, or rollers to get a presentable look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back