Perming on velcro rollers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruberio

Reaction score
hi there geeks, apologies if this is a really daft question! i have a lovely older lady who i give a shampoo and set to every week (in exchange for tea, cake and a blether lol), today her neighbour came through whilst i was there and asked if i would be able to perm her hair for her, after giving her a consultation and taking a snippet of hair for an incompatibility test she told me that her last hairdresser used to perm her hair on velcro rollers, she was always very happy with the result ( she's really looking for volume rather than curl on her hair which is approx 3-4 inches long uniform layer cut). habe any other geeks permed hair on velcro rollers and if you have do you have any tips on this, such as avoiding fish hooks or dislodging the rollers during rinsing/neutralising? thanks guys xxx

Last edited:
I seen this being done in salon when I was training was really soft result and always used hair net when neutralising i remember them sliding out quite a lot

thanks lovie, i'd never heard of it before now but it sounds as if it produces the result she's after, thanks for the tip xxx

Im intrigued as to how this could be done without getting fish hooks!? Is she not confusing the rollers with the traditional setting rollers? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I saw something similar done at college when a fellow student used a variety of 'rollers' on a training head to see what sort of effects she could create.

Have you got an old head you could practise winding them on before you see your client? I'd probably be wary about them dropping out when neutralising too. The tip about using a hair net sounds good though.

thanks for the replies guys. it was definitely velcro rollers, she had a root around in my kit bag and pointed them out. i have taken Tallulah (my old block head, her eyes are painted on a bit squint bless her,she looks like a raddled drunk) out of the cupboard to try this out on, worried about the fish hook problem too xxx

I would have thought you were less likely to get fish hooks with velcros??

Latest posts

Back