Peroxide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SusieP

Reaction score
Hi

I have highlights to do on a four month regrowth. She is naturally ash blonde. I was going to use Wella Blondor powder with 6%, my question is should I use 9% on the top area, as the back sections will have taken by the time I get to the top.
Still new to this, so does this sound ok?
Su

a lot of people use different strengths hun esp when doing a full head so yes i would say you will be fine doing it that way

That's great thank you, can I also ask if it would be ok to sub section the back and every section toward the front and face so the colour in more concentrated?
Su

how long is her hair ? if the top area wil fall into the back then yes i would think it will be fine ..i dont know which way you do your foils ie .. striaght , diagonal , mvoing etc.. but do you also do the trick with foiling around the hairline ?
i will try find a vid for ya x

When I do a full head foils I always rinse the back sections carefully and let the front finish developing. Especially with bleach. I do my foils diagonally along the sides at the front so you don't get stripes.

Thanks for all your help.

If you use 6%, weave the tops and sides first, then the underneath, it will develop at the same rate, as the heat underneath will accelerate the development.

If you use 6%, weave the tops and sides first, then the underneath, it will develop at the same rate, as the heat underneath will accelerate the development.

I always got taught do the top last because thats the hottest part.of the head!! . . .

Back takes slower because its not as warm... Top.is hotter so do that last . .

I
Think donnas right Cos when I go to take off a full head foils the back are always boiling and puffy (when it's bleach)

I
Think donnas right Cos when I go to take off a full head foils the back are always boiling and puffy (when it's bleach)

I find that aswell.
We were taught that the back of the head is always warmer, but I still (almost) always do the back first with a low peroxide and then the top with a little higher because I just feel a bit backwards doing the top first, lol. x

I def agree with -sophisticutz- on that one.

If you think about it the layers of foil from base of neck to crown are deep and keep a lot of heat in, where has the top is not has deep. However I do the same has Lauren89, lower peroxide underneath and higher on top (depending on base normally 6%, then 9%). x

Thanks to everyone for their answers.

Su

Latest posts

Back