Personal Hygiene!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazzybabe

Reaction score
ok so i have been at my new job now for 6 months and today i had a massage with a man and as soon as i walked back into the room once he had got undress the smell that came out of the room was unbelievable, now i think i have quite a strong stomach but his body odour was so stagnent it was actually burning my nose, i felt so embarrassed for this person and also myself as the smell got so bad that i started to gag and my eyes were watering i was lucky it was only a 25min massage, but at one point i thought i was going to have to leave the room as i felt so unprofessional but just couldnt help it, anyways i pretty much held my breath and got on with it, but to be honest i felt so dirty afterwards that i feel like i shouldnt have to deal with something as bad as today, what are your views on this would you have left the room? or refused treatment
thanks in advance
:irked:

Oh no, I really really feel for you. It must have been awful and you should not have to go through this. I used to do lots of massage at my old job and sometimes I got a "smelly" client. I also felt so unprofessional and dirty afterwards.
You must speak to your manager about it and next time I would refuse the massage. Too bad if the client won't be happy about it. You shouldn't have to go through this. You have to put yourself first.
Hope this helps a bit and I hope you don't feel bad about it anymore.

have you got a shower faciltiy ? you can get round the smelly thing by making the case of the oil working better on warm freshly washed skin ,works for me ,
but at the end of the day if you refuse this guy how much will you lose ?it not worth masking yourself feel uncomfortable and after all massge should be a relaxing healing experaince andif your uncomfortable it will not be benfisal to you or him hope that helps:o

Ah gross! Maybe a hot towel treatment with some strong essential oil before you started but then it doesn't help with the smelly clothes sitting there. Hope you didn't have someone else straight after!!:eek:

Missyb no I never had anyone straight after but had my lunch break and I was so put off! I lit candles in my room to burn away the smell and wiped down the room with surgical spirit, I just want to know if I can refuse treatment as I found it so disgusting and think that there is no need for bad personal hygiene! If I new he was going to smell I would of taken him to the showers but he was 15 minutes late and I was rushing trying to get him in the room x

Never mind his smellyness :p I would have refused him just for the fact that he was 15min late for a 25min massage.

How awful for you. I definately would have refused. I'm lucky cause I have a bathroom so I could have sent him for a shower but being stinky and late...:evil:

yeh i didnt see much point in carrying out the massage either but had to, wish i hadnt to be honest lol!:eek:

Latest posts

Back