Personal Website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Can any1 recommend a good website builder/package? Whether it be monthly or yearly paid for? Also I would like one where I can start building it now and then set it up to go live at a later date?

Hi Ladies

Can any1 recommend a good website builder/package? Whether it be monthly or yearly paid for? Also I would like one where I can start building it now and then set it up to go live at a later date?

I use weebly and it was 65$ for 2 years but you can make your website your name example www.sarahsnailstudio.weebly.com which is free with the weebly in it.. then edit your site till its perfect and take as long as you want, then when you publish it it always gives you the option for a domain without the .weebly.com which then you pay for it.. I personally like it and 65$ for 2 years with my own domain isnt bad at all!! I could prob make that with one nail client and that gives me 2 years of my own domain hope this helps :) xx

Hi there

Thanks for your reply, ive just clicked on your website but it says its not published. I would prefer a UK based one as well is possible. ANy1 else?

Hi there

Thanks for your reply, ive just clicked on your website but it says its not published. I would prefer a UK based one as well is possible. ANy1 else?

ya becuase its now www.Sarahs Nail Studio.com without spaces = - Home becuase I created my own domain and the .weebly.com doesnt exist anymore
They have .net .org and .com

Hi Ladies

Try moonfruit :Look_left

Hi Ladies

I use Vistaprint, but there are loads of other ones. Vistaprint just suits me... Have a look Touch... - The World of Touch

I wish it was slightly better graphically, but I'm 99% satisfied

I built mine using vista print just yesterday and I'm really happy with it.going to cost me around £8 a month.I like it coz it matches all my price lists,loyalty cards and business cards. It was so easy and u would be ablest design it then publish it later I'm sure.took me an afternoon.still want to tweak a few bits but take a look if you want www.msnailsbeauty.co.uk

I built mine using vista print just yesterday and I'm really happy with it.going to cost me around £8 a month.I like it coz it matches all my price lists,loyalty cards and business cards. It was so easy and u would be ablest design it then publish it later I'm sure.took me an afternoon.still want to tweak a few bits but take a look if you want www.msnailsbeauty.co.uk

Your website is BRILLIANT x

Thankyou! I'm really happy with it!:)

mine was with weebly...have a look.
zonenailsandbeauty.com

Megdav87 thats a great website!

Word of warning here.

There are many free website packages out there - some based on Flash and some based in frames. Neither of these can be read by search engines so even if you have a fabby looking website, no one could find it.

Also make sure that you are down as the registrant of your domain name.

I am a member of a small business network and websites come up many times. Here is a good link - Before you build a website …… | RSSBN Members Area

Here is also a horror story about not registering your domain correctly:

Thanks Vickie - just to put 2c into the thread I will name 3 companies, Mr Site - basic facilities, software driven so the site is never yours and they hold the domain to ransom if you want to move, Create, again software driven and I have seen quite a number of their sites where the domain name is registered in their name making them the legal owner, finally the cwapist of them all vistaprint, dont register the name in your name, then charge you to release it but then you have to pay Nominet to change the registrant - sites are pathetic. If you buy a UK domain make sure its through a Nominet approved registrar if you are not sure of the process then dont use the cheapest of cheap do it yourself sites, many many make mistakes that can come back to bite them all to save a couple of quid (if that) Under no circumstances should "uncle fred" register the name for you or worse your web developer in their name without you having direct access to the domain itself. Just to explai I am still dealing with the aftermath of a company that went bust last year they had 2k domain names for clients and each one was registered in the company name, when the went bust the liquidator claimed the rights to the domains despite them being in use by other companies - right freaking mess that could so easily be avoided. Anyone that ever wants any advise on domains, servers, hosting feel free to ask
That was written by Bryon Gibson at Scotserve | Premium hosting and domain services

If you fancy building yourself, for £40 ish, you can buy Serif Webplus X5. If you can manage to get your head around Microsoft Word or Excel, then you should easily pick this up.

There is lots of help at their forums if you get stuck and the software comes with plenty of pre-designed templates (some good, some questionable)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back