Pet hates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the ones who move their head when im foiling or using heated appliances, mainly extension tools oh my goodness if they got burned they would be the 1st to blame me aswell!!
the one that gets me most though is people who think they know how to do our job..... "oh you could use a high lift tint instead of bleach, its better" well no love your a base 4 so you've got no chance, or "oh that looks so easy".........
xxx

O god i forgot about the head movers lmao!!
I have a particular client that insists in showing me her latest photo collection on her ipad whilst im trying to full head foil back to back on her long thick wavy hair!
I also have a few rude young kids whos mums insist on standing right next to me for the duration of their hair cut!I do say to the parents that we have a health and safety policy which involves any children/adults not having their hair cut MUST stay in the seated waiting area.Once the parents are sat quietly out of the way i uhum..direct the childs head where i want it firmly enough so i can finish the cut!:twisted:

I hate it when they sulk/get mad when you can't possibly do what they want....I.e a blonde with fcked hair frm a previous salon wants to be lighter...
Not my fault sweetheart! X

All of the above!

I don't do children, as I cannot bear the histrionics and wriggling.

I tell people in no uncertain terms " it's a great idea to keep you head still when I'm cutting/ foiling"

I hate it when people insist on reading a magazine while im trying to do there hair. Flick flick with the pages, head down going from side to side. For f@cks sake a cut takes 20 mins and your gonna be wearing it for 6 weeks, so join in and co-operate!

Persionista your comment literally made me lol! I totally agree! Am going to have to say that to a few people!

Sorry for the incorrect spelling of your name :)

Do you know what? I can cope with the kids fringes, i can cope with the odd late cancellation but what REALLY irks me, is people who move thier head about when Im foiling! For Crying Out Loud!! stop moving or you will have colour blobs and will undoubtedly blame ME for them!! I have taken to being fairly firm and holding their head still whilst I tell the "please KEEP STILL" .....you got scare people to get what you want....:biggrin: xx

Ha ha agreed I'm renowned in my salon for this !! I HATE clients with wobbly heads and over exaggerated head movements , why can't they see I need my foils to be pristine !!! X

Clients that answer the phone or wait till they get in the chair to make phone calls, who then need a pen from their bag and for us to turn down the music so the person on the end of the phone doesn't know they are out of the office.
One lady would come in and the first thing she did was plug her phone in, wiggle and fidget the whole time during putting in foils and colour. Then sit still reading a mag and not talk on her phone while processing. But she would start all over again when I would start cutting, not to mention want me to stop the blow-drier so she could talk on the phone and usually not about anything too important. I would love a mobile phone blocker. She doesn't come in anymore thankfully.
People who say " oh I am free anytime " you offer a time and they are busy but they can come anytime.
One client calls for an appointment and asks me to hold and I get that lovely music. As tho I was waiting just for her to call.. I just hang up now.
Client who mess around on the phone unable to make up their mind get ask to call back cuz they have used up their 2 minutes. I know I sound like a diva but the ones who mess about are usually the ones who get pissed when you leave them to take a call.

God these are all so right!
Men who walking on a Saturday when the salon is packed and ask if you can fit them in when you look for a time ( in 20 mins) they huff n puff and say can't you do it now! Eerr yes I'll just stop doing this ladies hair to fit u in!!!

God these are all so right!
Men who walking on a Saturday when the salon is packed and ask if you can fit them in when you look for a time ( in 20 mins) they huff n puff and say can't you do it now! Eerr yes I'll just stop doing this ladies hair to fit u in!!!

haha yes another classic!They will say a quick haircut will only take five minutes!!As if!!:biggrin:

I'm mobile and u would not believe some things clients do::evil: they lie in the bath sit on the phone make the dinner when I should be giving treatment :grr::grr: I feel like banging my head of something but I'm getting stronger and have started to say I need to b out of here in 60 mins as my next client will be waiting but some still take the p ,,,:rolleyes:

I'm mobile and u would not believe some things clients do::evil: they lie in the bath sit on the phone make the dinner when I should be giving treatment :grr::grr: I feel like banging my head of something but I'm getting stronger and have started to say I need to b out of here in 60 mins as my next client will be waiting but some still take the p ,,,:rolleyes:

I know exactly what you mean I had a woman hold her hand up to me as I'd to say stop because she was chatting to a friend on the phone! Wanted to snip a finger off! X

Have to add another pet hate here as it happened last night. Just as we were closing up a gent walks in literally begging for a hair cut. I explained I was very sorry but we were now closed but I could do it in the morning. He said "oh please, ill pay extra" This really bugs me. He explained that he was going on holiday and needed a hair cut ( which bugged me more as I hate disorganiseation!!) So I told him I would have to charge him £40 to do it as I would have to pay overtime and overheads.......he didnt want the haircut that bad suddenly.....

Yeah agree with all of these, think my worst is when the client tells u what to do or even worse questions why ur not cutting the same way her other hairdresser cuts it!! 😡

My pet hate is someone emails rings or texts you and says I'm very interested you have a long conversation get to the booking stage mention price and that's it, never hear from them again! They don't Email back, they don't call nor text!

A thank you anyway? Oh sorry I don't think I can afford it? No I'll just waste your time and ignore you! You'd think I was trying to rob them!

:/

Or my lord !
We are very strict and I could not put up with much of what I had read, don't get me wrong we relaxed and friendly too but don't cross the line !
We also charge for fringe trims I dont believe you should do any work for free unless it's a consultation!
If we want our clients to treat us as professionals we have to act like it set rules and make them follow the rules.
Biggest pet hate late customers and men begging hair cuts 5 mins before closing ( which they never get )
I have a client who as been late for every appo for over 15 years! It does not matter what I say or even if a loose my temper she won't change, so we tell her a fake appo time 15 mins early, she cottoned on to this so now we tell her 30 mins i have been caught out only once by this.when shes late she has to have her blow dry or cut n blow with whoever is free !

I HATE it when clients ask for a quick cut "can you do a quick trim?" arggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Xx

People who sit down, you say 'so what are we doing/what would you like?' and they say 'I don't really know' and then start chatting for 10 mins about what look to go for and then to change their mind half way through and expect you to be able to stop and start again grrrr!!

pple who think jst because you are mobile means that you should be cheaper and even though you have your prices set out clearly on the website they jst viewed and it is obviously cheaper than the salon they still try to haggle for a cheaper price.:evil:

also pple who say they want their hair blond and you mention bleach and they say no i don't want bleach even though they are a dark base. ouhh i'll go to another hairdresser then they call you back and say the hairdresser hey went to ****ed up their hair they tried to fix it themselves and it looks like a tydye t-shirt so can you come at 6:30p.m./now and fix it for her. uhmm let me think ... NO!!!:evil:

On the note of being mobile...."I know you charge £17 for a wet cut but I only want an inch taken off so could you do it for me for say £12?" erm let me think....first you've actually got the cheek to ask me for a discount, but to then actually state a price as to what you think my service is worth??? I think not love!

Latest posts

Back