Pet hates!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starboltz

Reaction score
So geeks...
What are some of your biggest pet hates in the salon?

I made this post, because its nice to let off some steam sometimes!

So geeks...
What are some of your biggest pet hates in the salon?

I made this post, because its nice to let off some steam sometimes!
I miss the salon environment sometimes !!
Do you mean pet hates as in with clients or other staff?

Both!
My pet hate is a stylist in my salon doesn't measure colour out, she just mixes it to a consistency she likes.

Pet hates, days like today when a colour client doesn't turn up.

Pet hate when clients turn up late yet have had time to go get a coffee etc, or when they answer their phone whilst your blow drying and ask you to stop because they can't hear

Pet hate when clients turn up late yet have had time to go get a coffee etc, or when they answer their phone whilst your blow drying and ask you to stop because they can't hear

Urgh I know! Or when you tell them their colours due off, they answer their phone, and you're just buying your tongue

Because you just have to let them stay at the station to carry on nattering

Clients who get that TINY bit of knowledge and then think they know it all. Even to the extent of undermining your knowledge.

Being mobile, my pet hate are clients that aren't ready for me, because they think I have all the time in the world and don't do anyone else's hair. Had one once still in her pj's (at 10am) and had to wait while she got ready and brushed her teeth! Grrr.

Clients who get that TINY bit of knowledge and then think they know it all. Even to the extent of undermining your knowledge.

Obviously watching a YouTube video once, makes you a top colourist

Clients lifting there head up at the basin while washing there hair or turning there head while washing..

Clients lifting there head up at the basin while washing there hair or turning there head while washing..

Omg whenever i foil my sisters hair, shes so nosey, i get a foil in nice and tight, start applying colour to the foil and she turns her head, thus the foil slipping out.

ON EVERY FOIL.

Omg whenever i foil my sisters hair, shes so nosey, i get a foil in nice and tight, start applying colour to the foil and she turns her head, thus the foil slipping out.

ON EVERY FOIL.
Omg that is torture we need a vice grips for there heads.. Now that would be a money spinner a lot of salons will purchase that x

Omg that is torture we need a vice grips for there heads.. Now that would be a money spinner a lot of salons will purchase that x

I end up stopping and saying to her 'are you taking the p***' like i have a few clients that do it but my sisters the worst for it

Oh god i need one of them definitely

People who think that "bleached blonde" and "ginger" are pro terms to describe tone. and anything to do with a "level 12".

People who think that "bleached blonde" and "ginger" are pro terms to describe tone. and anything to do with a "level 12".

'Peroxide blonde' is the worst. I cant believe its even a think... Bleach blonde makes some sense compared to 'peroxide blonde', 'developer blonde' or 'activator blonde' could be next

Colour touch emulsion blonde

'Peroxide blonde' is the worst. I cant believe its even a think... Bleach blonde makes some sense compared to 'peroxide blonde', 'developer blonde' or 'activator blonde' could be next

Colour touch emulsion blonde
I haven't heard the term peroxide blonde in ages! But yeah, that's terrible.

I blow dry sis in law every week. If my little man is about she will lift him up onto chair with her. Effing hate when I can't get tension in her hair when drying/straightening cos she's moving her head.

Used to hate in salon when stylists would leave developer and tubes with lids off.

Latest posts

Back