Phorest/Memento computer system?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockateer

Reaction score
Hi, i have been looking into a computer system for my salon, anyone use these guys?????
advice please

Yip i have used both of these systems!!:irked:

karen , hi hahah we keep meeting!

Hi, I have heard of this software firm but not tried their product. One thing to look for when purchasing a salon software is to ensure there are no hidden charges for example for support and updates. Also make sure you find out how support is given and if it is free as some firms charge a monthly fee. If the only free support is via email this may not be adequate seeing as if you have a problem with your software your whole business comes to a holt. It will also be useful to find out how the set up of the software will be carried out will they convert your existing data free of charge etc. Always request a free demonstration to ensure compatibility with your business, if the firm is confident in their software this wont be a problem!

Hope you get your system sorted it will transform your salon life!

Jenny thanks a ,million those were very useful tips thanks a million, really appreciate that
jenn

Hi Jennifer, we have the memento software in our salon, it is very good. I find the customer support the best part, if we have a problem and they can't fix it over the phone they come out and fix it. Have used other systems, but this one is good.

Hope this helps

Sue :green:

I have mentioned on here before, we use Platinum Software at our salon. As already mentioned above, you do have to be very careful of ongoing 'hidden costs' such as forcing you to pay for any support, insisting you pay for training and also expensive upgrades. I looked into many softwares and found this to be the case in most of them.

I liked Platinum as none of these things were true with them. The system is fantastic, very simplistic and as I had older reception staff who had never really used a computer, it was something I had to consider! They all took to it really well, and all staff still enjoy using the system, I know I do! It has save me heaps of time in paperwork, and the marketing I can do is second to none....
The support is great, I seem to remember you had full support during their free trial (2 months) and then free email support for life, as time has gone on we hardly need to contact at all, but in the early days, they were extremely helpful when we did need it.

I just got in SalonGenius a few weeks ago and am finding it very good. Great for marketing and reporting, easy to use etc. If you phone them they will come out to you and do a free demo - send me a private message if you want more details.

Hi i priced phorest before i opened , and its really expensive, especially for maintenance every month . They absolutely hounded me wondering was i taking it or not, I hadnt even secured my business loan at this stage !!! and was looking for quotes ect. I have invotech which is good for reports, and wasnt that expensive .

It's Laura from Phorest here. Straight up apologies from us for this handbagqueen :( And we've also channelled our enthusiasm for helping new customers into other forms of following up. So again, sorry.
Secondly, apologies for taking just about six months to reply. I don't log in here as often as I mean to. I should really hound myself to do that more instead (tongue in cheek)!!!

Re pricing, I'd encourage anyone thinking about the system to get in touch and we'll see what we can do for you.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure I used to visit your salon when I lived in the area. Great job, super professional and good prices too :)

Yep, I seem to remember that Phorest are based in the Dublin area, so in terms of geography, it would probably be a good bet to have the head office of the software company that you use on your doorstep, so to speak - certainly better in terms of tech support (they could send someone around personally *so* much easier) etc...

Hey Ruth - Ronan here from Phorest. Although our head office is in Dublin, we also have a base in Leatherhead near London and have staff based in Manchester as well so to cover all of the UK.

Latest posts

Back