Photographing nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the camera on my iPhone 4s and have the photoshop express app.. I dont photoshop the pictures but i use it to make the picture more vibrant :) its a nice touch and really makes them stand out that little bit more :) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I use the camera on my iPhone 4s and have the photoshop express app.. I dont photoshop the pictures but i use it to make the picture more vibrant :) its a nice touch and really makes them stand out that little bit more :) x

Thank you. Just downloaded this app. Had a little play around and it has improved some of my pictures already :) x

Have a look on blackboard nails blog she has put lots of helpful info on photographing nails

I have the camera + app for my iPhone. I got this after someone recommended it on one of the threads. I love it.

*waves* That was me :D camera+ is brilliant and I always use it to change the lighting, create borders etc xx

iPhone 5 and use an app called Photo Toaster to edit the photos. Just love it n it's for free 😱👍

I was hoping Darling Digits or Divine by Design would share their secrets too! :)

I use Camera + on my iPhone 4 following Jessica's recommendation too! Its brilliant for close ups. I have just taken a photo with my clients iPhone 5 and it was much better than the standard one of the iphone 4. Looks like I'll be after an upgrade soon ....

I was hoping Darling Digits or Divine by Design would share their secrets too! :)

Yes their pictures always look fantastic!!

Me too! I'm sure DBD said she uses an iPhone in a comment on one of her pictures before...

I asked darling digits her secret to lighting and photos. She said she uses her IPhone 4S with a daylight lamp. X

I asked darling digits her secret to lighting and photos. She said she uses her IPhone 4S with a daylight lamp. X

That's what I used for my last pic, still didn't come out as good as hers tho ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378984969.501863.jpg

Must be the positioning of it hun. X

This is such a useful thread, as I'm rubbish at photography. I have a digital camera and I used to take great photos of manis with it, but I'm just lazy uploading the photos on the computer. I get impatient with technology, but I should just do it :D

Love this thread. Any tips for those of us that dont have an iphone :/

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Helloooo ladies! Lol x
I use my iPhone 4S and my desklamp which is a slimline daylight model. I don't use the HDR setting though. I also ensure i apply only a small amount of Solar oil on nails prior to photos to reduce glare.

Hope that helps?
Annalise / Darling Digits Xx

Thank you Curvy Girl. :)

I have a daylight lamp (a round, magnifying one) but am looking at getting the slimline bar type one instead. I really do think it's about getting the lighting right with no shadows.

Helloooo ladies! Lol x
I use my iPhone 4S and my desklamp which is a slimline daylight model. I don't use the HDR setting though. I also ensure i apply only a small amount of Solar oil on nails prior to photos to reduce glare.

Hope that helps?
Annalise / Darling Digits Xx

Thank you for that! Can I ask about the positioning of the hands? Do you get them in a certain way and pull down the lamp?

Considering getting a slimline lamp but as it's a lot I really would like to know if it's worth it? x

Latest posts

Back