Pics of Gel II colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma9383

Reaction score
As they are relatively new to the UK, I thought I would make a thread where we can show the colours we have bought from Gel II with a little review on each one.

I'll start us off - please ignore the horrific state of my nails. I've had weeks of abusing my hands and it's really showing, so I've chopped them all down and drenching them in cuticle oil every night to try and apologise to my poor hands.

Anyway - here is 'Lala Me' it took two coats, went on beautifully and it only took ten mins to do (so half the time for clients, as you can't work on one hand while the other is curing on yourself). It is quite thick but perfectly pleasant to work with. I found it dull to start with, but I don't think I wiped as thoroughly as I should of as I was in a rush to get out. Woke up this morning and they are dazzling.

Edit: it hasn't shrunk back either - I didn't cap properly - oops

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 1,105
Hi I popped a comment on another post to say really liked the polish but was a little dissapointed that one colour in particular was nothing like the chart, and the other two were only similar. Will pop a few pics. This is not to say I won't be ordering more as love the idea of gel II. I've sent creative academy an email so I'm sure it will get sorted. Xx

Would be interesting to hear of anyone else has had this problem xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413048700.482010.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413048721.418111.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413048735.748192.jpg

I have heard another geek say that the colours are much brighter than shown online but that they're still lovely colours.
Maybe now Gel II has well and truly got its bame out there, there'll be more google images soon to guage the shades a bit better. I've always found catalogues don't reflect the true colour so would rather look at images

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think I read that they are changing printers so that the colour charts are more realistic.

Brought a couple of colours from Olympia as wanted to see how pigmented they were .so far really impressed hope they bring out colour pops so we can choose more colours :) x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

The first two are a bit transparent so if I remember correctly I done three coats, Holiday season has a lovely sparkle which I don't think shows very well on camera, and Glitter 2 is more of a chunky glitter. x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 975
This is Bright Lavender with the No Cleanse Topcoat. This is three layers but I have really strong coloured nails and disliked the tiny shadow of my smile line that I had with two layers, but two would be perfectly fine for the vast majority I would imagine. Beautiful vibrant colour, no shrinkage and removal with D Solve was a dream, even the stamped nails which had two extra top coats. A definite must have colour for fingers and toes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1413103407883.jpg
    1413103407883.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 989
This is Sharkbite my absolute personal favourite. I again needed three coats (as have a lot of people with the reaction line). A beautiful blue that fades in to a gorgeous rich purple. This also removed like a dream even with the extra coat, stamp and two top coats.

Attachments

• 1413103952476.jpg
    1413103952476.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 883
  • 1413103967484.jpg
    1413103967484.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 858
Can't wait to get mine 😃

This is Bright Lavender with the No Cleanse Topcoat. This is three layers but I have really strong coloured nails and disliked the tiny shadow of my smile line that I had with two layers, but two would be perfectly fine for the vast majority I would imagine. Beautiful vibrant colour, no shrinkage and removal with D Solve was a dream, even the stamped nails which had two extra top coats. A definite must have colour for fingers and toes.

This color is lovely, Debster is right - NOTHING like the chart. Might have to get myself this one !

I think I read that they are changing printers so that the colour charts are more realistic.

They have found a new printer in the US, if you have any of the new issue bottles you'll see that the Gel II logo on the label is metallic, and these colours are much closer to the label.

I have expressed an opinion about the way the colour chart displays shades on
One, and in the catalogues, as I don't think they are a fair representation of the colours.

I'll keep you updated with any changes.

Does anyone know the average cost per service for gel II?

Ooh intrigued by the no base coat part of the prep here. How does this compare to Shellac as that's all I've been using so far (still fairly new). Could I use a CND UV lamp to cure these? Also, how does the pricing compare to Shellac bottles? (I tried to look on their website but have to register to see prices)

Hiya, I've used CND Shellac for over two years now, I've tried other gel polishes but always went back to Shellac, I picked some Gel 2 up at Olympia because they were on a special offer and I had heard good reviews on here, I really love this polish, haven't removed it yet as only had it on 8 days, but my nails feel really strong, no chips yet, and goes on lovely. I cured it in the CND lamp for 2mins each coat and used the 'Shine Xtreme' top coat. Bottles are 14ml, but because they were on special offer I don't know what they will be selling for when they get up and running here. HTH x

Thanks BBCharmer, that does help, good to know I could use my CND lamp! Might get a couple of polishes to try x

Ooh intrigued by the no base coat part of the prep here. How does this compare to Shellac as that's all I've been using so far (still fairly new). Could I use a CND UV lamp to cure these? Also, how does the pricing compare to Shellac bottles? (I tried to look on their website but have to register to see prices)

You can't really compare anything to Shellac as all of the others are pure gels where as Shellac is part polish part gel.

I've been using Shellac for nearly 4 years now and Gel II for 4 months and I'm absolutely loving it. Price is very similar to Shellac but the bottles are bigger at 14ml each

It's thinner on the nail than all of the gel polishes on the market as well as Shellac but it's incredibly strong. It's infused with vitamins and minerals as well. My nails are in the best condition they've been in for a long time. I have a few client's one being my sister who all have perfect nails but we've never been able to get anything to last on their nails longer than a week before they chip or peel. They are getting 2-3 weeks from Gel II and only having it removed and reapplied because of the regrowth.

Yes you can use your CND lamp to cure Gel II. It's a 2 minute cure for every coat.

Steph xx

Steph, do you remove shine from nail? I've seen some people leave this step out ? Also have you found any staining to the nail because of having no base coat? Thanks x

Iv decided to buy a couple of bottles to try out... Can anybody recommend 2 favourites to get so I can give it ago please I'm a very indecisive person so recommendations would be very helpful x

Maybe I should tell you what I'm looking for first lol a lovely pinky purple, peach, Tiffany blue or periwinkle blue would be nice... Or anything that's different to the current shellac shades as that's what I use atm x

Latest posts

Back