Pigment to mix with L&P/Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojosnails

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've tried searching for this but cannot find the answer.

I have used glitters to mix in with my L&P and Gel, but i read on a post that you can mix pigment with L&P/Gel to create colours. I have found info from previous threads about ratio mix etc but I am unsure what pigment to use. I have tried searching on the net but I'm just not sure what will be ok to mix, expecially as most of what comes up looks like paints, which obviously cannot be mixed with L&P!:confused:

Can anyone who uses pigments to mix with please tell me what pigment they use, and where you get it from?

Thanks in advance :)

I've found powders called "Embossing pigments" on a craft website, does anyone know if these can be used?

Jo x

You can use eye shadow pigment ... Mac do some great ones.

i wouldn't use embossing powder, it is used to create images on card etc its heat activated and turns into a liquid then instantly sets! so i wouldn't want to mix that with powder!

but as Gigi said MAC pigment eye shadows are fab! Barry M do some as well that might be easier to get your hands on but not as good quality x

Yup, cosmetic grade pigments are the way to go. I use Coastal Scents mainly, but I have used MAC also and they do have a very wide range. What you want to look for in either powdered or liquid pigments is "pure pigment" that is meant to color other things like makeup, paints, etc. You do not want something that is meant to be used on its' own--that would mean it is mixed with something else as a base already; that could cause adverse reactions when introduced to the polymers that we use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone, now I have an excuse to buy more Mac! Lol. I think I will try some coastal scents as well. Can't wait to start mixing my own colours :) x

Sam Biddle has brought out a range of pigments, and if you subscribe to her blog I am sure there is going to be a blog about how to get the best from them, and great step by steps from Sam in their use.

Sam Biddle

Sam Biddle has brought out a range of pigments, and if you subscribe to her blog I am sure there is going to be a blog about how to get the best from them, and great step by steps from Sam in their use.

Sam Biddle

Thanks for the link :)

Latest posts

Back