Pigmentation...?? is there anything that will help my skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
I know nothing of skin and require some help....if you would be so kind...:)

I "think" what i have is pigmentation marks/scars..?? The skin looks bumpy but its not...its just really different colors than other parts..almost like i have a bunch of freckles on my head that are blending into 1 big freckle.

I abused sunbeds ALOT when i was younger..i baked myself in the sun....i smoked myself silly...I am wiser now but sadly its too late and i have horrible skin...(see pics...:Scared: thank goodness for make up) I am thinking there is no cream/serum in the world thats going to get rid of this and so i was thinking about finding out about a chemical skin peel....dont even know if that would do it, to even out the skin tone..>?

Any advise, suggestions at all would be great.

Attachments

• skin 001.jpg
    skin 001.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 144
  • skin 002.jpg
    skin 002.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 115
  • skin 003.jpg
    skin 003.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 130
  • skin 004.jpg
    skin 004.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 116
yes is the answer... i go to my local beauty place that does laser hair removal the machine on a def setting. zapps the dark are . it scabs then when comes off . its lighter. ive this on my neck 5 treatments and cant see it anymore. have to wear factor 30 over it daily :D:D

A course of microdermabrasion will help the problems you describe. Always use sunscreen or an spf booster under your moisturiser too.

A course of microdermabrasion will help the problems you describe. Always use sunscreen or an spf booster under your moisturiser too.

Does microdermabrasion remove pigmentation? x

I have been looking at some pics online and think what i have is... Melasma..??

Yes, Microdermabrasion can remove pigmentation. I've carried out courses before and the results have been fantastic.

If the pigmentation is pendulous and is being fed by blood supply then it will not help though.

thee are various types of pigementation, yours seesm to be due to extrinsic factors, ie self inflicted as opposed to hormones genes etc as u sunbathed etc
Laser, peels and microdermabrasion combined would even this all out unbelieveably , the texture, the tone, the appearance and also gives the skin a youthful glow , a client rang me the other day to say her pal hadnt seen her since id done a course and she asked her had she had botox her skin looked that much younger due to the ack of pigmentation, cuticle build up even ess in tome etc
Tired brain asleep, hope you got the jist
GO FOR IT

just read about some hormone birth control causing this too....i have had the marina coil for the last 10 years...could this be linked...?

thanks for all your help guys...i am feeling much more positive that there might be something for me...just have to find out how to make sure they are reputable..and locally..:)

I suggest eve taylor pigmnent serum with carltons croma peel (led light therapy) I have had great success with this. Good luck

HRT,the pill any hormone replacement medication,hormones,etc plus the usual sun damage or sun bed damage can cause this.I have it on my face from being on HRT.I use a sun protection factor 50 and if I go on holiday wear a big floppy hat.You will notice it fades in winter,when it does then from that point on you want to guard against it returning by wearing a high factor suncream at all times,including in the winter.

I have never found any creams to be of any good and neither have any of my clients who have tried many expensive ones that, 'CLAIM' to reduce pigmentation(if they do work it seems to be bare minimum),also as for micro dermabrasion I have tbh and again say that it rarely works(again this is from seeing many clients over the years who have tried this),again if it does it is only on very superficial pigmentation.The only thing I have seen really fantastic results with is Lazer as someone already mentioned.

If you go for lazer then try and do when you wont be going on any holidays or special events for a while because you end up being very scabby and it takes quite a long time for this to clear properly.

All of my clients who had lazer had fab results,but remember it can return.hth

Last edited:
I used to have a brown mark on my cheek bone, it looked like id been hit in the face. Mine was also due to sun damage. I tried many of the treatments that claimed to get rid of pigmentation and some it of was quite expensive but none it it worked.
I live in Spain so am always in contact with the sun which added to my problem. I had read somewhere that pure vitamin E oil and lemongrass got rid of it. So every night for 5 months i used it and it did. It made my skin look younger and fresher as well. I couldnt believe it. I obviously stay out of the sun and wear cream and a hat everyday but it has not come back.
Laser and Microdermabrasion sound great as well but like people say you will have to stay out of the sun.
Good luck with it. It will go but it takes time x

I suggest dont mess around with most of the things mentioned, they will waste you time and money.

Your pigmentation issue is fairly evident and is not just mild, I am not being harsh but a little titillating here and there will not work, I can 100% guarantee that, most will just diminish for a short while.

You need to look at two real things that work, love me or whatever I know my sh*t

What you want is a Jessner Peel

The combination of substances used to do the peel includes resorcinol as well as salicyclic and lactic acids. These components help to exfoliate the outer layers of your skin, which helps to promote the natural peeling of the top layer(s) after a few days. When this occurs, you will be left with the much clearer (and smoother) layer underneath. That is why this type of peel is especially suited for those suffering from sun damage or mild to severe acne breakouts. Skin damage of all types can be treated with a Jessner peel.

Jessners does go deeper into the dermis that other peels and it is excellent for pigmentation, it is also a safer for skin tones at the higher end of the Fitzpatrick scale.

Some combine this with microdermabrasion or layer this with tca, it would not be gone in one peel. a course of 4 may be needed.

Laser is the other option.

Over and out

Su x

Latest posts

Back