Pilates & Yoga How Effective is it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

number1kitty

Reaction score
Ok this is like sooooo off topic, but I abhor exercise. Well I dont but I have zilch motivation. And since my last baby 8 months ago I do 2 minutes of walking and I am knackered! I was pretty much bed bound when I was pregnant with him, as I had SPD. I had lots of bowen worked really well but I still couldnt be as active as I had been prior to getting pregnant.

I am now the heaviest I have ever been I am 11 stone and a size 14 and its depressing me. I work hard, run round after 3 kids and only eat twice a day. I dont snack and I have introduced coconut oil, Maca Powder, Spirilina and othe weird stuff to my diet!

So I want to get rid of the baby belly. I have seen a lot of stuff about the effectiveness of pilates to get flat abs. Does anyone do this? What results did you get?

I know people swear by this, and there always thin and toned. Do I have to stop eating though to look like that?

I was told by a friend that in ten sessions my stomach will be flat, I cant see it being that good, or is it?

Going to start with this if its good, then go back to salsa dancing.

So am I seeing things through rose tinted glasses, or are these zen celebs a product of good pilates?

I am on the brink of paying to go under the knife, but if theres a way to get rid of it without paying £4000 I want to try it!

Kate

I think from people and clients i know who do them or have done them they are excellent for toning and flexibility and yoga is good on a spiritual and emotional level very calming,but as with anything else it depends on the teacher.So i'd find a class on recommendation.

I absolutely love yoga. I do it at home from a brilliant DVD, and rally enjoy it. I like because it gives you a form of exercise that is not tiring - in fact I am always buzzing afterwards.

I suffer from severe joint problems, so find certain forms of exercise difficult, but this is great. I do it for an hour 2/3 times a week, and in 3 months my cellulite was gone.

Personally, I only do it for the physical not the spiritual, but I know people who swear by this too.

I eat like a horse, anything and everything, and this has not changed since the yoga. It is the only form of exercise I do, and has really helped to tone me up. The best thing is that yoga is progressive, you will start stiff, but the more you do it, the more your muscles adapt, and you will soon be doing things that you couldn't at the start.

Well worth a go!

Thanks for your replys! I have gerri Halliwels Yoga DVD but never done it! Will dig it out this week!

Heres to the new me!! lol!!

Thanks Again

Kate xx

Latest posts

Back