pink and white acrylic without drill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looloobelle

Reaction score
Does anyone have success doing pink and white fills without using a drill?

It is entirely possible to rebalance both liquid and powder and gel without an e-file. Use a 100 or 180 grit file to debulk your existing enhancement by about 50% and then apply fresh product.

Mastiffmom
CND Grand Master

before the machines everything was done manually and we got perfect results.
the drill is used to save time not get perfect results, so instead of doing 4 customers a day you can do 6.

Remember a drll can do damage when used by untrained hands.
don't just buy a drill do a course also, i encourage continuing education and upgrading our services.

I always have done my infills without an electric file or drill. On P/W there are many times when I think it might be easier with it, to be honest, but as I have no training and don't do heaps of P/W infills, I've not pursued training. It does take FOREVER to manually file (compared to a drill), and a certain "finesse" (for lack of a better term).

The drill doesn't cause the damage its the improper use of them (just like guns, drugs and anything else that could be harmful if abused). If you want to use one, get the training, and practice practice practice before using on a client (like everything else)

Good Luck

I am not in favor of a drill (or e-file if that makes you feel better). I go to a lady who uses one for my pink and whites since I've never found anyone who does them by hand, and I have to say it's like going to the dentist, listening to that awful sound and just waiting for a nick or burn. Awful. I've tried using my hand file to thin out the old white and free edge pink to lay new white, but that's pretty impossible, in my opinion. It always ends up too thick in that area. My clients are loyal to me because I will not use a drill on their oh so sensitive nails. Oh well. I thought someone might have a truly successful idea to make it work by hand.

in all honesty, if you cant thin out the whites and rebalance the nail with a hand file then i would suspect that the acrylic is being put on too thick in the first place.

i personally use an electric file and my clients have no injuries. however i am capable of doing it with a hand file if i choose to.

one option that you may wish to consider is to construct your nail with your l/p acrylic and use a white thin consistency gel followed by a clear gel top coat to finish the nails. this way when you come to the maitenance appointments, the white being only on the topmost layers will file off with ease.

The daily use of Solar Oil by your clients will make a massive difference to your hand-filing, it takes quite a bit of work getting all of your clients to do it regularly but what a difference it will make to your times, your wrists and shoulders and to the beauty of your enhancements:)

Latest posts

Back