Pink and White Technique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malea423

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am a nail tech that left the industry many years ago and am now back taking a refresher course. We have just covered pink and white acrylics and I am completely flustered. I was shown to apply pink first, and use a "cutter" to remove the pink from the smile line to the end of the tip. However I was taught to apply the white first (free-hand), then the pink.

I have also been challenged by a possible employer to get a pink and white set done in an hour, which, in starting over sounds like it will be difficult. :Scared:

What process do you use to apply the pink and white acrylics? Do you have any great tips or suggestions on getting that smile line perfect?

Thank you!

Malea

I was also taught to use the pink first Then the white and found it wasn't for me, I just couldn't grasp it.. My teacher saw the problems I was having and showed me how to do the white first.. Can u ask your teacher to do the same? X

I think, and some of the more experienced techs will correct me if I'm wrong, that both techniques are ok it is just which work for you best. The pink first is called the reverse technique and if you look at some of the young nails vids that is the technique they tend to use. Like I said whatever you find easiest and produces the best result!

When I was in training 17 years ago, I was taught to use the white 1st method, but found it easier to apply the pink 1st. My instructors got so upset with me, and refused to let me use the reverse method, which at the time I didn't know was a method other people used. Now it is funny to see other people using this method. I find it is easier to get that deep smile line with the reverse method...

Latest posts

Back