Places to stay in Cornwall?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sparkle

Reaction score
We're thinking of going to Cornwall on holiday next year. I've only been there a few times before, once camping in Portscatho and another time at an eclipse festival at Lizard Point in 1999. We spent a day in Newquay but it was just full of drunk rich kids *shudder*.

Can anyone recommend any good areas to stay in?

Ooooh I was at the lizard eclipse festival . We were AAA pass holders and helped out backstage.. I have a hazy memory of dancing on stage with a couple of the acts... What part of Cornwall u thinking of? Cottage or hotel? ;-)

St Ives is lovely it's a small fishing village within Cornwall it's kinda expensive but out of season would be better :) or polperro that's also nice :) I live just outside of Cornwall so I do venture there a lot hth

Two of my favourites are Fowey and Padstow, but St Ives is very special. If you are going during the school hols, though, I think you should definitely avoid St Ives.

Hayle is lovely x

Perranporth (Haven perran sands) the beach there is amazing! X

We have a campervan and go to Cornwall or Devon almost every year. We went June halfterm with the kids but this time we went to the south coast to Mevagissey........ why has everyone kept this amazingly beautiful place a secret from me all these years?!! We went back again for five days in august. We go away lots in the campervan all over the country and have done for years so we can definitely say this coastline is gorgeous!

The best bit of Cornwall is the far west tip from Penzance, round to lands end and st Ives! Porthcurno beach and the Minack theatre is my favourite! I'm a Cornish boy!

I'm from cornwall if you want any advice let me know! What do you like/want to avoid xxx

We have a campervan and go to Cornwall or Devon almost every year. We went June halfterm with the kids but this time we went to the south coast to Mevagissey........ why has everyone kept this amazingly beautiful place a secret from me all these years?!! We went back again for five days in august. We go away lots in the campervan all over the country and have done for years so we can definitely say this coastline is gorgeous!

Yay, it's the best on the south coast of Cornwall, next time you go be sure to check out Vault Beach and Caerhays near Gorran Haven...Vault is a bit of a treck to get to but it's like paradise on a sunny day xx

Vault Beach.... :Love:

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4135/4804361982_5c1d2152d6_z.jpg

Also Golant nr fowey is pretty special. A great coastline with amazing coves x

Falmouth is nice I go a lot my parents have a house their and yes padstow is beautiful x

Perranporth the beach is lovely views stunning and plenty of places near to visit x

Polperro, perranporth and polzeath are all lovely. I lived in Newquay for 7 years and it is a nightmare in the summer but out of season its lovely all the drunks go home and you get to see what the towns really like xxx

Pads toe is lovely! St Ives is my favourite though! Love Cornwall :)

St Ives is absolutely beautiful.

What kind of holiday are you after? Family/friends? Relaxing/going out etc?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

St Ives is lovely but a nightmare to park and get around, porthcurno and peranporth lovely padstow is a lovely day out but turning into Rick Stien world a bit, the Minack theatre is beautiful, just done a trip to Eden project as well that was a nice day out. We stayed just just out side of Newquay, just a tip if you want to go to rick stiens in padstow book a few weeks in advance and budget for £180 for dinner and wine, but to be honest it was nice but I've had better, and expensive for what it is !
If you do go, take your time to drive around the little fishing villages they can be very pretty indeed, oh and if you like cider try the rattler cider we went to were they make it lovely

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

My husband surfs, so we have been many times. We used to go to Newquay because of Fistral beach and also use it as a base for other beaches in the area, but I don't like it because of it being a haven for large parties of drunks and all that goes with it.

So, for the last few years we have headed up the coast a few miles to Watergate Bay and stay in the hotel there. Gorgeous beach, gorgeous food and a lovely hotel that has undergone yet another fabulous refurb. I absolutely love this place.

Watergate Bay Hotel, Cornwall

Latest posts

Back