Planning permssion to work from home...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much more downscale can you get if its just a desk in your sitting room.
gawd, you must be fuming:evil:

I could cry, I think it's cos I'm tired and fluie:rolleyes:
I qualified last September and have been putting off doing anything since then, as soon as I get the confidence to go for it I'm knocked down.

If I can get H/A to agree (not ruddy likely) I have to gamble with £265 that they approve it.
I had a brief look at application form and then want detailed drawings to specific scales!:eek:

I could cry, I think it's cos I'm tired and fluie:rolleyes:
I qualified last September and have been putting off doing anything since then, as soon as I get the confidence to go for it I'm knocked down.

If I can get H/A to agree (not ruddy likely) I have to gamble with £265 that they approve it.
I had a brief look at application form and then want detailed drawings to specific scales!:eek:

Hi Ya Mate:hug:

I have just sat down with my coffee and logged on to this site for my regular fix, and have just read the whole of your thread:mad:
I am absolutely ------ off to be honest so god knows how you must feel!!
What a joke!!!!
How can councils vary so much in their policies!
How the hell can some homebased therapists/nail techs have no trouble setting up and YOU are faced with all this!!!!!
I think that you ought to get straight on to your local MP and book an appointment to see them asap! This is what they are there for mate and you can guarantee that they will sort it out for you!
I am not being nosey but are you on benefits at the moment? Its just that if you are then im sure that this will work so much in your favour with the MP. After all you are bloody trying so hard to improve your life and work for gods sake!!!!
Please dont give up the fight hun,:hug: If ifs not good news from your council then think about mobile, just until maybe you have a good clientel and can afford to rent somewhere!! and im sure the odd client will not make a difference in your home. Like you said you have more bloody visitors!!!
I can see where you are coming from there as my cousin is at home all day with her children and her house is like piccadilly station!!:) All her friends have small kids and they are always round for coffee!! They never have to pay extra rates/ money etc.. Its absolutely barbaric!!!
I have to go and have a ciggi now as I have really wound myself up, but please please keep me informed about this, and RING THAT MP mate:hug:

thinkin of u and wishin u luck:hug:

This is ridiculous! Sounds to me like your local council is trying to raise funds any way they can, hun.

Hi Ya Mate:hug:

I have just sat down with my coffee and logged on to this site for my regular fix, and have just read the whole of your thread:mad:
I am absolutely ------ off to be honest so god knows how you must feel!!
What a joke!!!!
How can councils vary so much in their policies!
How the hell can some homebased therapists/nail techs have no trouble setting up and YOU are faced with all this!!!!!
I think that you ought to get straight on to your local MP and book an appointment to see them asap! This is what they are there for mate and you can guarantee that they will sort it out for you!
I am not being nosey but are you on benefits at the moment? Its just that if you are then im sure that this will work so much in your favour with the MP. After all you are bloody trying so hard to improve your life and work for gods sake!!!!
Please dont give up the fight hun,:hug: If ifs not good news from your council then think about mobile, just until maybe you have a good clientel and can afford to rent somewhere!! and im sure the odd client will not make a difference in your home. Like you said you have more bloody visitors!!!
I can see where you are coming from there as my cousin is at home all day with her children and her house is like piccadilly station!!:) All her friends have small kids and they are always round for coffee!! They never have to pay extra rates/ money etc.. Its absolutely barbaric!!!
I have to go and have a ciggi now as I have really wound myself up, but please please keep me informed about this, and RING THAT MP mate:hug:

thinkin of u and wishin u luck:hug:

Thanks hun.
I dont mind you asking, no I'm not on benefits - hubbie works full-time and I have one littlin at home and one in reception class at school.
The plan was to start off part-time at home.
I'm so angry with myself because if I hadnt of said anything they wouldnt know and if they found out I honestly wouldnt have known I was in the wrong!:rolleyes:

Mobiles not an option, I'm limited to when I can work so setting up and packing up seriously eats into that time.

I have just got off the phone to the jobsworth, it will cost me £265.00 fee and downloadable forms to fill out for a change of use, which she didnt tell me where to find or what ones to fill out and that doesnt gurantee I will get permssion!:mad:

I have to provide an OS map with my house highlighted in red and a detailed drawing of my livingroom so that I can prove what area of my house it takes up.
I did ask her what's that got to do with you where I put my desk?!?
Apparently it's in case I spread the business into more rooms! I only have a 2 bed house with 4 people living in it, what does she think I'm going to start spray tanning in my toilet?!?:lol:

I dont know what to do now because I've made myself aware to them so if I go ahead and do it I cant play dumb if I get caught!
I said you'd be none the wiser if I hadnt contacted you and she said we would have investigated if a neighbour complained.

Aghhh!!!

Going to write to my local MP when I feel better about how stupid this is!

The woman said it's not to do with the cars, it's the fact I would be bringing an increase in people into the area, I said what if I only get 2 clients a week? I have more visitors then that a week!!

GOSH! What a load of........... regulations to have to sort!!!:irked:, hope you get it all sorted and will be in business soon!! Good luck!:)

Hey hun
I'd definitely go and speak to someone face to face about the issue. Sometimes when you speak to someone else you get a totally different response. Dont fill any forms or anything as yet.
Goodluck. XX

Thanks hun.
I dont mind you asking, no I'm not on benefits - hubbie works full-time and I have one littlin at home and one in reception class at school.
The plan was to start off part-time at home.
I'm so angry with myself because if I hadnt of said anything they wouldnt know and if they found out I honestly wouldnt have known I was in the wrong!:rolleyes:

Mobiles not an option, I'm limited to when I can work so setting up and packing up seriously eats into that time.

Hiya :hug:
Totally understand your feelings regarding being mobile hun!
I just wondered if you have managed to track down your MP yet? Keep us informed about your progress mate:hug:
Let me know if there is anything I can help with xx

I dont think I will bother with MP now as I'm sure I will get told it's some sort of general govenment thing that all councils should be doing.
Will have to re-assess the whole mobile thing.

I dont think I will bother with MP now as I'm sure I will get told it's some sort of general govenment thing that all councils should be doing.
Will have to re-assess the whole mobile thing.

Ria, how do you know they will say that if you don't ask them?
My council only wanted to know because I am a council tenant and when I signed for the place it was on the lease that if I wanted to have a home based business then they would only need to be notified if I would be having customers call at the property.
I rang my council. told them I'd be setting up soon and what did I have to tell them, they said, is it just you? yes. so just one client at a time? yes how many parking spaces are available at your place and how many of those are occupied? 10 spaces During the day 1 occupied, mine. The council bloke said oh thats fine then. I said, do I need to put anything in writing, he said no but have you told the tax office?
Go to your mp and ask them if this is law, or just the council having a downer on free enterprise.

Totally agree with you Susie:)
I think going to the MP is a fab idea as I know quite a few people who were having problems with different issues in their lives and could not manage to sort them out, due to unhelpful people on the telephones and red tape:irked:
They contacted their loca MP and were given clear advice and help to sort out their problems:)
Its defo worth a go:!:

I understand the issues on being mobile and having to pack and unpack but once you have a routine I promise it gets easier! Then you can do mobile work and just have the odd client in at home.
Best of luck, keep us updated:hug:

Latest posts

Back