Planning your wedding!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi geeks. My partner & I are looking to set a date for our wedding which is probably going to be in April 2015. So I was wondering how far in advance you started planning your wedding?

How early or late did you book the church/venue etc? Also what about the dress shopping? (now I've lost my baby weight almost I really want to go dress shopping ha ha)

I had two. One in UK and one in South Africa. The UK one I planned the week before (apart from the registry office booking). The South Africa one my mom planned - I think we started about 6 months before.

My advice is make it about you! Me and my hubby just got married july 14th. I had dreamed of that day forever. His family however (they dont like me and all had feirce addiction issues) completely wrecked my day. I got there his parents had payed for open bar and had not told us, they were all either high or drunk, woudnt sit in the front row. Were yelling and running around. There was beer all on my signing table and gazebo. Then the reception came, they had invited every single person saying it was "their party" went from 140 ppl to almost 200. I found two cars selling drugs in the parking lot, my mother-in-law stripped in the bathroom. My husband got in two fist fights(one his brother) when he found people snorting in the bathroom. That isnt even half of it! I pretty much had to call the cops on my own wedding and husbands family. Thennn somebody took off with our house keys and our landlords were on vacation so I had to sleep on the floor at a friends. I cryed and cryed the wedding my familu and I had planned for so long was wrecked.

But its all fine in 5 years we are going on a vacation to renew our vows, just me and him. Im so excited! Dunno if I can wait 5 years :)

Don't make the mistake of letting others butt in on your special day. Your the girl who's wedding this is and its all about you! You deserve the very very best. Good luck!

(p.s I laugh now about my wedding, my post wasnt ment as a vent. I think its funny, its hard to belive myself sometimes)

My best friend just got married in June and she planned for about a year. Booked the reception venue first as these get booked up so quickly and then did the rest soon after.

As for me, the plan is to get married summer 2014 and we aren't even engaged yet (he has my ring but is too difficult as he wants the proposal to be perfect so I can't have it yet hmph) I'm too excited but because in getting married in Cyprus all I need to do is book the church and hotel for OHs family. Venue is already my mums so I can just use it, just need to get gazebo and tables and chairs and stuff like that.

Good luck!! x

Hi geeks. My partner & I are looking to set a date for our wedding which is probably going to be in April 2015. So I was wondering how far in advance you started planning your wedding?

How early or late did you book the church/venue etc? Also what about the dress shopping? (now I've lost my baby weight almost I really want to go dress shopping ha ha)

Congratulations! I got married this March just gone - I started planning about 10 months before.

Jade x :hug:

Attachments

• Jade & Mum.jpg
    Jade & Mum.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Back of dress.jpg
    Back of dress.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your replies. I'm really wanting to get married in lapland but I need to go through all the pro's & con's as we have 2 children our youngest would be 18months if we went next Xmas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back