Please could experienced facial geeks give me galvanic advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sara x

Reaction score
There are some facial therapists on here who give fabulous advive on here (Matt, Lynne and many more) and I'm hoping you may be able to give me a bit of advice.
A lot of my regular clients are putting me "under pressure" to do a galvanic type facial. Whilst I am an experienced therapist and performed what used to be called Cathiodermie facials for many years , I haven't done desincrustation., iontophoresis or high frequency for a long time!

I am looking to create my own facial of this type using a "generic" type machine. Although I have looked into the "branded" options like Environ etc I don't really want to make that kind of financial commitment as it is only for a handful of clients.

What I would really like to know is
a) any inexpensive machine suggestions
b) what is the best and most effective machine
c) what specific products to use with the machines.

I use Comfort Zone products but want good gels etc for iontophoresis, high frequency etc.

I would be really grateful for any help,

Thanks so much,

Sara x

If you are not going for a brand then Carlton or Ellisons do good quality machines. They also supply their own products. They are others however and the best way is to get as much info as you can before making your decision.:hug:

Thanks, have you used any of the "treatment" gels that go with the machines? I would really like to use something that compliments the facial rather than just stuff that is compatible with the current, if that makes sense?!

I use Priadara gels for my galvanic facials, along with the ampoules from Swissdermyl.
I've never had anyone react badly and they're very reasonably priced.
I use the galvanic functions on my Apilus electrolysis machine, but if you just want a specific machine then as Essentia says Carlton and Ellisons are good places to start. House of Famuir also have machines, and they're very helpful people!

Thanks Lynne, will look at those

I work with a American company called Nu-skin, we have a galvanic spa that doesn't just clean the skin but can make your clients look 10 years younger. therapist are asking £60 pounds for the treatment. where i live I offer £35.00. you can even sell the machine to your clients and still make money because they need the gels to work. you should Google nuskin imagines have a look then get back to me. it a good way to make money. it can get rid of bats wings, reduce cellulite. its amazing.

I work with a American company called Nu-skin, we have a galvanic spa that doesn't just clean the skin but can make your clients look 10 years younger. therapist are asking £60 pounds for the treatment. where i live I offer £35.00. you can even sell the machine to your clients and still make money because they need the gels to work. you should Google nuskin imagines have a look then get back to me. it a good way to make money. it can get rid of bats wings, reduce cellulite. its amazing.

sounds fabulous, like Lynnne I use my Apilus for galvanic treatments, however I haven't found gels I'm happy with. What category would you say Nu-skin products fall into, ecomony-high end, and how good is the company feed back, training etc

:)they have products for all pockets. plus the have found they can reset ageing at a genetic level. we also show people how they could generate an additional income. "we do beauty from the outside in and inside out.

Were I trained we used Skin Truth Gels?? Have a look on Beauty Express website as they are not expensive and they seemed to do a good job!! there is also a skinmate Galvanic/ High frequency machine in one which is around £295 if this helps!! I have used it before and I found it was good.

Hope this helps you :)

Sara, I've done Environ training it really good, anyhow I don't know if your aware but you can use all their products/gels to do a custom made facials using say a carlton Galvanic machine etc not just their own one which I know it is much more money the Environ one!! And the training is so in depth! I really enjoyed it!

Sara, I've done Environ training it really good, anyhow I don't know if your aware but you can use all their products/gels to do a custom made facials using say a carlton Galvanic machine etc not just their own one which I know it is much more money the Environ one!! And the training is so in depth! I really enjoyed it!
Thanks Nina, that is what I wanted to do but they have changed the rules now and won't sell the products or give thee training without leasing the machine, such a shame, I think they will really lose out at the end of the day. Thanks for advice though x

Were I trained we used Skin Truth Gels?? Have a look on Beauty Express website as they are not expensive and they seemed to do a good job!! there is also a skinmate Galvanic/ High frequency machine in one which is around £295 if this helps!! I have used it before and I found it was good.

Hope this helps you :)

Thanks, may try that machine if you think its ok, appreciate advice x

I have the combined skinmate machine and it's really good and value for money, however it is more than that amount, it's about £395 (they are that lesser amount for the machines individually).

If you request the HOF catalogue there is some new skinmate machines that are very reasonable and look to be very good, I'm deffinately interested in them!

Hi I just typed the word nuskin into google and the first choice it gave me was nuskin scam. I've looked through the sites and there seems to be conflicting information on whether it is a scam or not. One sight stated that 99.94% of people lost money with nuskin.

I am not saying it is a scam, I am just putting this information out there so anyone thinking of buying their machines is aware that they really need to do their research so that they can make an educated decision to go with this company or not. X

well im doing ok. you can be a customer, preferred customer or distrbuter. you decide wot hours you do if you become distrbuter, and they have 100% money back . it only started here 2year. its a 27 year old USA company the is on the stock exchange. I would hope sara people would look into it. Did you look at the images by the way?

Thanks Nina, that is what I wanted to do but they have changed the rules now and won't sell the products or give thee training without leasing the machine, such a shame, I think they will really lose out at the end of the day. Thanks for advice though x

Sara, your right I think they will miss out! Shame! :(

well im doing ok. you can be a customer, preferred customer or distrbuter. you decide wot hours you do if you become distrbuter, and they have 100% money back . it only started here 2year. its a 27 year old USA company the is on the stock exchange. I would hope sara people would look into it. Did you look at the images by the way?

NuSkin has been in the UK for at the very least 15 years.
As for selling your clients the galvanic spa, why on earth would I want to do that? Why would I sell them the means to do the treatment themselves at home when I could be selling them the treatment in the salon. And surely, if it's for home use too it can't be a very powerful machine, can it?

Thanks for the information Tiggsy. Its great that it works for you but not really what I am looking for. I'm sure it would be a fantastic opportunity in some cases though,
Sx

I have the combined skinmate machine and it's really good and value for money, however it is more than that amount, it's about £395 (they are that lesser amount for the machines individually).

If you request the HOF catalogue there is some new skinmate machines that are very reasonable and look to be very good, I'm deffinately interested in them!

Thank you Matthew, I will get that, I think the HOF cataalogue is about the only one I haven't got!

Latest posts

Back