Quantcast

Please critique and comment on my balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Starboltz

Reaction score
View media item 64383
I'm still not getting balayage down, I feel confident in my technique and have fun doing it. However I feel mine looks like a bad diy ombre to me :(

I used schwarzkopf vario blonde with 20 vol (only have 10 and 20 vol in the house), and painted on the surface but fully saturated the ends. I took my sectioning similar to Guy Tang trying to use his diamonds in the sky pattern. The ends were covered in foil, so they really popped (to a lovely brassy colour may I add) ;)

Any advice and thoughts? Don't hold back.

cassies97

Reaction score
The picture isn't showing up

Starboltz

Reaction score

cassies97

Reaction score
Yeah its showing now, i think that looks fine, blends really well just needs toning!

Starboltz

Reaction score
Yeah its showing now, i think that looks fine, blends really well just needs toning!
Thank you, nice of you to say

Toning wise I wouldn't bother since its just my dolly, maybe if I'm feeling nice I will ;) for now, she can stay brassy Betty haha

Any critique, no matter how small to add? Hello again by the way again cams :D

cassies97

Reaction score
Thank you, nice of you to say

Toning wise I wouldn't bother since its just my dolly, maybe if I'm feeling nice I will ;) for now, she can stay brassy Betty haha

Any critique, no matter how small to add? Hello again by the way again cams :D
Nope not really, overall finish looks great. Can i see a pick of the inside though? Just to see what the blends like there?

Hi[emoji16]

Starboltz

Reaction score
Nope not really, overall finish looks great. Can i see a pick of the inside though? Just to see what the blends like there?

Hi
View media item 64385View media item 64384
Tried to now,but it's not coming up very well. I just sectioned it in half, if that's what you meant.

Do you think I took my sections TOO thick, as there's not much highlights at the bottom? I took them just thick enough, where the bleach wouldn't seep through

cassies97

Reaction score
Hmm yeah its much less blended through the underneath, you may have taken too big a section so there isn't many highlights yet full saturation on the ends which gives us the blocky look. Try taking thinner sections!

Starboltz

Reaction score
Hmm yeah its much less blended through the underneath, you may have taken too big a section so there isn't many highlights yet full saturation on the ends which gives us the blocky look. Try taking thinner sections!
Thought so, and thank you I wasn't sure how thick to take them:/ How thick do you take your sections?

I mixed the bleach with a whisk so it was a great consistency, but then I still didn't want it to seep through the underneath when painting (except the ends)

cassies97

Reaction score
Thought so, and thank you I wasn't sure how thick to take them:/ How thick do you take your sections?

I mixed the bleach with a whisk so it was a great consistency, but then I still didn't want it to seep through the underneath when painting (except the ends)
It all depends on the look i'm trying to create

Starboltz

Reaction score

Latest posts