Please critique my new website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmefan

Reaction score
My new website has just gone live so I wondered if everyone can take a look and let me know if they find any problems. There are a few tweaks I can see need making already (photos are a little slow loading) but I would be interested for any comments. It has been made to respond to different screen sizes so let me know about viewing from mobile phones, ipads etc.

Thanks, Hazel

Professional Nail Salon Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire | Fingers and Toes | Experienced and Insured Technician | Full Range of Nail Treatments Available

Hi Hazel,

Have you built this yourself? Well done!

Just some SEO advice, Although you have a strapline "Experienced Nail Technician based in Stoke on Trent" at the head of your page, you could still do with getting something in your content that reinforces that you do nails in Stoke on Trent. Even if it's something like "Premier Nail Enhancements in Stoke On Trent" This will just further confirm to Google what your page is about.

Also, I've noticed that your image alt tags are very generic and not relevant such as stacks image 316. When Google visits your site it can detect images on a page but has no way of knowing what the image is. As far as Google knows you may have a photo of a full basket of ironing on there. It relies on alt tags to know what the image is. By editing these (with your SEO focus in mind) so that they are in keeping with what the page is about you'll stand a much better chance of ranking well in Google.

Best Wishes
Steve :lol:

My new website has just gone live so I wondered if everyone can take a look and let me know if they find any problems. There are a few tweaks I can see need making already (photos are a little slow loading) but I would be interested for any comments. It has been made to respond to different screen sizes so let me know about viewing from mobile phones, ipads etc.

Thanks, Hazel

Professional Nail Salon Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire | Fingers and Toes | Experienced and Insured Technician | Full Range of Nail Treatments Available

Yes, I did build it myself. I quite enjoy playing around with things like this but it was the first time I've used Rapidweaver. Must admit I love the responsive nature - it looks great on my iphone :biggrin:

I was a bit annoyed that the hours I spend re-naming all my images was lost when the site was published. I'd missed the fact that the software has a part where you put the names in and if you leave it blank it generates its own! Now I've got to go through the whole site and re-edit in the right place :mad:

Hi Hazel,

Have you built this yourself? Well done!

Just some SEO advice, Although you have a strapline "Experienced Nail Technician based in Stoke on Trent" at the head of your page, you could still do with getting something in your content that reinforces that you do nails in Stoke on Trent. Even if it's something like "Premier Nail Enhancements in Stoke On Trent" This will just further confirm to Google what your page is about.

Also, I've noticed that your image alt tags are very generic and not relevant such as stacks image 316. When Google visits your site it can detect images on a page but has no way of knowing what the image is. As far as Google knows you may have a photo of a full basket of ironing on there. It relies on alt tags to know what the image is. By editing these (with your SEO focus in mind) so that they are in keeping with what the page is about you'll stand a much better chance of ranking well in Google.

Best Wishes
Steve :lol:

It looks great, well done xx

Your website loos great! Well done :)

Latest posts

Back