Please help! Accredited course questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helencowleard

Reaction score
Hi I am doing a Mani & Pedi course on 12th August. its a fully accredited course with ABT & Guild of Beauty Therapists but im worried it may not be enough/ recognised by S2 for me to open up an account. I was doing an acrylics/gels course with the same academy which S2 have said is not enough for me to buy there L&P/ gels. Unfortunately they had closed by the time i wanted to check & im wondering if someone could put my mind at ease???
Thanks everyone:cry:

I think you will find tho you'll have to check tomorrow that your mani and pedi is probably ok, but with the l&p and hard gel you need to do a conversion course to use their equivalant products.

Thx. Im really worried as ive invested alot in being able to get this up & running asap. I desperately need to be able to get started & have an account. What do they class as a recognised certificate? Praying the Mani & Pedi im doing is ok :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Where are you doing your mani and pedi?

Your not far from me just seen your in Sutton :)

I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to be qualified and hold the certification, from what I can tell your studying right? So I don't think you are aloud to by the professional products.... I could be wrong tho.. I didn't register until after I was qualified

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im doing it at Nail & Beauty Academy in Oxted Surrey. Yes im in Sutton. Do you do Shellac as a mobile service? Not sure how much to charge, prices seem to vsry so much! X

Spoke to S2 the Mani/Pedi certificate will be enough for me to get my stock asap once ive got the certificate faxed to them but the acrylic/gel is not a recognise certificate so need to do it somewhere else to enable me to buy the gels/L&P products. I will do this once im up & running and confident with the other services I will be offering ;)

Yes I am mobile and have a home salon and I charge £22 for basic shellac and extra for glitter, art, Swarovski, stamping etc etc

I would def recommend doing the shellac bring em back course it's really good and you'll learn how to get the best from shellac and tips n tricks.
:)

Hi i am cnd trained and i think the way it works is that Cnd / S2 will only sell extension/enhancements products to people who are Cnd enhancement trained but for shellac vinylux etc you only have to have a mani / pedi qualification from anywhere accredited! Hope that helps!

Saying that it is a good idea to do shellac bring em back! Xx

Hi i am cnd trained and i think the way it works is that Cnd / S2 will only sell extension/enhancements products to people who are Cnd enhancement trained but for shellac vinylux etc you only have to have a mani / pedi qualification from anywhere accredited! Hope that helps!

Just thought I would but in lol,
I'm not CND qualified and only Gel not L&P.... So when I registered they told me I could have everything but L&P x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I went with my bff as her model to the Shellac brings them back course. It was great & will def be doing it asap. S2 have given me a list of recognised qualifications for anyone to be able to purchase there L&P & gels. Strangely mainly from other competitors ie. OPI, Harmony, NSI & others. I will decided what to do about that at a later date. 1st bit is to get my Mani/pedi done :)

Latest posts

Back