please help/advise asap

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire-louise

Reaction score
i am setting up a home based salon

anyway at a business link course we was told your competition are not to be feared, they are actually an oppurtunity for joint ventures.

soooo (for info in my business plan) i have just rang to get some details of someone very close by (5 mins walk), who by the way is mobile, and i ended up booking in 2 treatments.

now im abit funny in the belly i dont know why lol

when we inevitably chat (or she spots my bits of equipment) during my treatments do i tell her that i am setting up a home salon??????? also will she know i rang for competition info??

If you are a mobile therapist and someone you did a treatment on who lives close by, told you they were setting up their own salon what would you do/think???

i do want my own mobile therapist actually so it has worked out good that way. lol

Definitely be up front and tell her what you are planning. You may be able to bounce ideas off each other. Also, you are genuinely in need of her services and it may be that she needs someone to do her treatments.

It might be that you can do joint ventures together ie pamper parties and the like.

Either way - honesty is the best policy here, if she was to find out afterwards from someone else - she might feel a little peeved!

Definitely be up front and tell her what you are planning. You may be able to bounce ideas off each other. Also, you are genuinely in need of her services and it may be that she needs someone to do her treatments.

It might be that you can do joint ventures together ie pamper parties and the like.

Either way - honesty is the best policy here, if she was to find out afterwards from someone else - she might feel a little peeved!

Totally agree. Also, it might be helpful for both of you, to have a back up, eg, an emergency comes up, you ring her, and she can take your clients for the day, and vice versa. I know I'd love to have that backup when I get completely set up, due to my migraines.

I agree!!

I think that if you are honest then she will be quite happy to chat to you!

And as they say above......it could always be good in an emergency! x x

hi thanks for your replies.

Well my facial was today and she seemed alright about it, i suggested doing parties together when i was a bit more well known and we had got to know each other a bit more.

i am quite nervous thou as she offers everything i offer and more. hope fully there wont be a client overlap as she is mobile and i am home based so i'm thinking we might attract different clients? oh dont know lol im babbling now. xxx

Hiya,
I think you did a really wise thing here because remember this is an opportunity for a joint venture, I think you should use this as a discussion point and share information, you may find that things will go better than you thought. Goodluck :)

Latest posts

Back