Please help - Allergic reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aldinic

Reaction score
What if somebody had an allergic reaction to Gelish and IBD gel,I assume it is because of overexposure,what to do ,what kind of gel or acrylic or any other system won't cause allergies? tHANK YOU.

Nobody knows?

Hi! Ive had a reaction to gelish and it is definitely because of overexposure to it. I stupidly wiped the excess off with my thumb one day and now if my thumbs are anywhere near any gelish products they tingle, swell and blister! The problem was that around this time theyve become really popular with my clients so ive got round it by wrapping my thumbs up with tape whilst doing them and making sure i dont get any product on my skin at all.

Have you had a reaction yourself or has a client of yours? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

What if somebody had an allergic reaction to Gelish and IBD gel,I assume it is because of overexposure,what to do ,what kind of gel or acrylic or any other system won't cause allergies? tHANK YOU.

It's impossible to say for sure , i dont think there can ever be one thi g no one will be allergic to , as people can have allergys to anything even the sun!
someone would need to pin point the exact ingredient that was making the issue for the person,

This said I do know CND's Shellac is 3free and hypoallergenic and I've known one or 2 people whom had sensitivetys to other products but none to Shellac.....

I'm still not convinced if I would try it.... Maybe with a signed waver from the client lol

I have it ,I use Gelish ....or IBD whatever I tried same syptoms....itchiness,swolen cuticles,bubbles which burst and then the skin under the fingers peels off...

Yes my skin under my nail peels too! Do you wipe product off with your thumb too? Have you tried wrapping your thumbs up? It feels a bit strange at first doing them like that but Ive got used to it now and seems to have sorted it out! I have certainly changed my routine and never wipe any product on my skin ~ even for quickness xx

Yes my skin under my nail peels too! Do you wipe product off with your thumb too? Have you tried wrapping your thumbs up? It feels a bit strange at first doing them like that but Ive got used to it now and seems to have sorted it out! I have certainly changed my routine and never wipe any product on my skin ~ even for quickness xx

tHANKS for your advice,do you put gel or something to your nails now ? I really like doing my nails so I think when this situation with them improves to start using some hypoalergen gel,do you recommend anything,what is your opinion?
I will now wear cotton gloves and rubber just for peace of mind :) they look really awfull now.

Once over exposure has taken place and you have become allergic, there is nothing you can do to reverse this and the problem is likely to get worse with more exposure.

I have an over exposure reaction to all uncured gels and suffer the very worst with liquid and powder because of its cure time.

I still work with Calgel but have to wear Nitrile gloves. I get the least reaction from soak off gels which is one of the reasons I chose calgel.

tHANKS for your advice,do you put gel or something to your nails now ? I really like doing my nails so I think when this situation with them improves to start using some hypoalergen gel,do you recommend anything,what is your opinion?
I will now wear cotton gloves and rubber just for peace of mind :) they look really awfull now.

Sorry Aldinic, Ive only just seen your question! I actually havent tried putting gel on my nails since, mainly from fear of having to go through the pain again!! I think Mrs Clooney may be right, once you've had a reaction I think it continues and sometimes gets worse :-\ It's horrible because I love them!

Please let me know how you get on xx

I think the best way forward for you would be CND brisa gel. I used to get mega bad allergies to everything else and since going with brisa I've not looked back.

Even wearing gloves didn't work for me and now that I know brisa gel won't give me an allergy it makes gel a pleasure to work with...I strongly recommend it :)

ETA: in my experience, if you're allergic to it then that's that and it's likely to happen whether it's due to over exposure or not, even just putting certain gel top coats on my nails used to have the skin around my nails blistering and then the histamine rash would be in places no where near where I'd been with the product

I think the best way forward for you would be CND brisa gel. I used to get mega bad allergies to everything else and since going with brisa I've not looked back.

Even wearing gloves didn't work for me and now that I know brisa gel won't give me an allergy it makes gel a pleasure to work with...I strongly recommend it :)

ETA: in my experience, if you're allergic to it then that's that and it's likely to happen whether it's due to over exposure or not, even just putting certain gel top coats on my nails used to have the skin around my nails blistering and then the histamine rash would be in places no where near where I'd been with the product

I too have heard that brisa gel is hypo allergenic, I find this gel really nice to work with and being a CND product you should feel like you are in safe hands. Ax

Thank you for your answers ;) ,but you know there is one interesting thing....I put Gelish on my toes (with cotton and latex gloves when working of course) and there is no problems with my toes?
Is it allergy then....it is pretty odd to have an allergy on hands and on toes everything is o.k.?

cAN CND BRISA BE Cured with any UV lamp?:|

They are all in the acrylate or methacrylate family, so the chances are good that if you have become sensitive to one, you'll be sensitive to them all.

However there are exceptions. I recall at least one case where a person was allergic to one brand monomer liquid but was okay with another brand. Perhaps she was allergic to JUST ONE acrylate and not the others, or, perhaps she was allergic to some other component which was used by one company and not another.

Bottom line -- only a doctor can diagnose for sure. Get samples and go to an allergist. That's my suggestion.

cAN CND BRISA BE Cured with any UV lamp?:|

No. You can only cure CND Brisa (and CND Shellac) in the new CND UV Lamp (or the traditional silver CND Brisa lamp, for those that own one of those). The UV output in other lamps is insufficient to cure Brisa and Shellac fully. The good news is that the CND UV Lamp is a-maz-ing!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back