please help - cleaning gel brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly why I don't buy NSI Cleanse... why pay 26.00 for a bottle of 99% alcohol when you can buy your own alcohol for 7.00!!!

Where the heck are you buying your cleanse from????? a 8oz is 10.95 16oz is 16.95 and I think the new 32oz is about 20.00 (don't quote me on that one)

I prefer to use cleanse over just alcohol because I like the scent and it doesn't leave the skin chalky white.

I tend to always leave a little gel inmine so i can shape the brush before storing it which keep sit the way i want it. I have personally never cleaned my gel brush, only wiped the excess gel off of it onto a wipe.

Isn't this unsanitary not to clean the brush in between clients?:suprised:

I use just plain rubbing alcohol. Haven't needed to replace my brush yet.

If you clean and disinfect your clients nails prior to application there is no risk of contamination. I never use anything to clean my brushes, just wipe them gently between folded Bounty paper towel. Acetone and alcohol will dry your bristles and your brush will look like it has a bed hair day.

If you clean and disinfect your clients nails prior to application there is no risk of contamination. I never use anything to clean my brushes, just wipe them gently between folded Bounty paper towel. Acetone and alcohol will dry your bristles and your brush will look like it has a bed hair day.

i agree....if the only thing your brush is coming into contact with is clean nails and gel then i cant see how it can be unsanitary...i was taught not to use anything on my brush...just wipe and store in a clean dark place.

i agree....if the only thing your brush is coming into contact with is clean nails and gel then i cant see how it can be unsanitary...i was taught not to use anything on my brush...just wipe and store in a clean dark place.

this is what i was tought when i went on my nsi gel course and it works a treat :green:

i dont understand why my brush has gone like it then,as i do the same thing all you other geks do.i use the cleanse on a lint free pad and just wipe my brush on it using my fingers to sort of squeeze out the gel.im completely baffled:confused: .any other tips on how to get the bristles back to a point would be great.thanks everyone for your replies.:)

If your brushes are damaged with the cleaner they will probably not be able to be restored.

You may need to replace them. However, I would advise that you don't ever use cleaner of any kind ... just wipe them on kitchen roll (squeeze between fingers).

I used to use synthetic brushes and clean with NSI cleanse (or another cleaner) and all to soon they would just go completely wild. Now, I only use a kolinsky sable brush - and NEVER use any cleaning product on them. The brushes stay PERFECT as they day they were opened. If you are wanting to stay with your synthetic brush, it will last MUCH longer without the use of any cleaner.

thankyou vicky.is the sable brush you use the same as your acrylic brush?:)

Have you at any time had a small peice of cured gel in your brush and removed it?

When the sun cured my brush, it was only at the very tip of the bristles and when I removed it BINGO - fluffy bristles that seperated when I tried to use the brush!

Me too, after all we don't sanitise our nail polish brushes between clients!!! ... or do we????!!!!!

Me too, after all we don't sanitise our nail polish brushes between clients!!! ... or do we????!!!!!

Do you not need water present for bacteria to thrive anyway? Last time I checked gel didn't!

Like Angie said - the nails should be clean and sanitised anyway.

i use a pad with a squirt of acetone free polish remover on it and give it a good wipe with this. I also do this to wipe down my uv light. I have always used acetone free polish remover and it has no ill affects on my brush.

thanks for your reply blossey.maybe i will have to try that one.:)

hi geeks,i just wanted to say thanks for all your replies.i have since changed to a sable brush and i have no problems now with cleaning it.thanks for all your help.:)

Latest posts

Back