Please help, I've stained a client's designer bag

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wernt doing her a favour... You are running a business! This is 100% something you are responsible for. Making excuses makes you come across as unproffessional imho, explinations yes- excuses no. With hindsight you shouldnt have let her control you, but learn from that & be realistic in the future.

I dropped wax on a clients carpet when I was mobile, it didnt matter how much it cost I would have paid for the lot to be replaced had we needed too- luckily a good cleaner got it out for a fraction of the cost but it was my fault, plain & simple.

It dosnt matter if its a primark bag or designer. Xx

Oh you poor thing. I have to agree with others though that you were crazy to take on so much in such a short window of time. Anyway whats done is done and the best you can do is offer to pay. Hopefully it can be sorted rather than having to pay for a new one.

Was the bag really £5k? I have 2 Mulberry bags and they were no where near that price.

I think 5k is about their most expensive bag

If you do claim on your insurance they will probably want the receipt for such an expensive item so would need that from her

Another option is if she claims on her own insurance and you reimburse the policy excess

I would of thought with such an expensive purchase she would of had to have added it to her insurance premium as a listed item, that's even if she has listed it on her insurance

Fingers crossed though that the bag doctor can sort it and will just be a smallish bill too pay

I've just had a little Google and they have got all sorts of stains out of mulberry handbags, ink stains etc

Looks like the prices range from £25 too £200 for cleaning but you may be able to claim this on your insurance

I'd just like to say, i honestly don't think she paid £5000 for a Mulberry bag! I have never seen one that price before, the max is £1500!
If it comes to paying for a new handbag please make sure you see a receipt before handing over more than you need to.
( i could be wrong, but i do gaze at designer handbags thinking if only! ) :eek::rolleyes:

The mulberry ostrich Bayswater is £5,000 and think they do a back pack for about £7,500

It's their most expensive bag

The bag doctor will probably be able to rectify it. As they can pretty much restore mulberrys back to their original state.
Just wait till you hear from her.
Obviously either insurance would need proof of the price before they did anything. They wouldn't just give out £5000 on someone's say so

Wow... Let's just hope it's a fake after all :D

If not, hopefully she'll leave it in her chauffeur driven car in future.... Not jealous at all :D

I think 5k is about their most expensive bag

If you do claim on your insurance they will probably want the receipt for such an expensive item so would need that from her

Another option is if she claims on her own insurance and you reimburse the policy excess

I would of thought with such an expensive purchase she would of had to have added it to her insurance premium as a listed item, that's even if she has listed it on her insurance

Fingers crossed though that the bag doctor can sort it and will just be a smallish bill too pay

Sorry but if I was asked by a therapist to claim on my own insurance for them ruining my handbag I would be speaking to a solicitor.

You ruined the bag, you arrange for it to be replaced. This is what we have insurance for.

If you don't have insurance then you had best take a loan.

And yes some Mulberry handbags do cost £5k or more.

Sorry if this is harsh but it's the way it is.

I meant that if she decides to claim on her own insurance, offer to reimburse her for the policy excess

Maybe I didn't write it clearly and explain correctly, but I didn't mean tell her to claim herself, obviously that would not be acceptable

Have you talked to your insurers yet? You must do that before you agree to or arrange anything or they won't cover you.

You have to follow their procedures. They may not even want you to talk to the client direct it may have to all go through them.

I would guess if the claim was for an expensive bag they would want the customers original receipt as proof of purchase, they could have approved repair people they use or want a condition report from the repairers before they approve it.

You can't just submit a receipt after an unauthorised repair and expect them to pay it - it's not like claiming back expenses!.

What is a 'handbag doctor'? How does one become a 'handbag doctor?'

How did you get on with the handbag? Did you hear anything back from your client?

Latest posts

Back