Please help me around one in ten clients-severe lifting/nail loss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am at my wits end!! Around one in ten on my clients (maby more) are experiencing severe lifting sometimes complete nail loss. After as little as two days I get a txt saying they have lifted so badly or completely come off. I have seen the nails afterwards, a whole set lifted away and the nail didnt have the tell tale signs of clint damage from picking ether. I have the majority of my clients nails lasting fine. Sometiomes as long as four weeks with no rebalance (I tell them every two weeks but some do leave it longer and have no problems) I am thinking how can it be so different ether my clients are all fine and have the odd breakage that they will tell me was there own fault. Or the nails just will not stay on properly. Do you think it is down to me or so you think it is something they are doing. Can someone please help as this happening is not doing my reputation any good. For example it happened with a local girl and now all her friends have stopped coming!! Is it something I have missed out in my aftercare-could it be cleaning fluids on the hands/sanitiser/. Can someone please tell me every cause of lifting so if I have missed anything I can put it in my aftercare leaflet!!! I use CND by the way!!!!!xxxx

Hi Sarah,

If you are doing prep, and applying as taught, I would tend to think it was down to the clients if most of your clients are ok. CND do after care leaflets which I give to all my clients, are you retailing solar oil for new customers too? hth xx

Hiya

Maybe a 121 with your educator is worth considering? If its CND they will iron out any creases in no time & have you back on track. Its easy to fall into bad habits & is always worth a refresh now & again

HTH xx

can i ask a question also coz im havin the same kinda problem..... does the consistency of product matter. For example too wet / too dry? Overuse of the brush - like pushing the product around too much?
thanx and sorry for butting in!!! lol!!

1-2-1 is a great idea, Im going back for a refresher as soon as money allows lol
Also yes product ratio is key! and also playing with the product too much will have a negitive effect on the overall outcome.
Hth xx

it really does sound like improper prep if there is no sign of trauma to the nail plate. Excess oil on the nail plate 121 is the best idea, til then, make sure you remove the cuticle remover thoroughly, remove the surface shine of the entire nail plate, ensuring the side walls are pulled down, if you can see any shiney bits, you aint done, and scrubfresh scrubfresh scrubfresh...you could use the CND acidfree primer if your really stuck.. Also check your brush, clean it in clean monomer to double check its oil free - mine was yellow the other day cos a client put a pencil into my brush holder pot and the wet brush touched the yellow coated pencil EEEEEKKK( someone else may have " touched" it with their bare hands- i say that cos you would NEVR do that would ya LOL????)
All these little things add up and could contribute to lifting... HTH:hug:

Hi guys. I am at my wits end!! Around one in ten on my clients (maby more) are experiencing severe lifting sometimes complete nail loss. After as little as two days I get a txt saying they have lifted so badly or completely come off. I have seen the nails afterwards, a whole set lifted away and the nail didnt have the tell tale signs of clint damage from picking ether. I have the majority of my clients nails lasting fine. Sometiomes as long as four weeks with no rebalance (I tell them every two weeks but some do leave it longer and have no problems) I am thinking how can it be so different ether my clients are all fine and have the odd breakage that they will tell me was there own fault. Or the nails just will not stay on properly. Do you think it is down to me or so you think it is something they are doing. Can someone please help as this happening is not doing my reputation any good. For example it happened with a local girl and now all her friends have stopped coming!! Is it something I have missed out in my aftercare-could it be cleaning fluids on the hands/sanitiser/. Can someone please tell me every cause of lifting so if I have missed anything I can put it in my aftercare leaflet!!! I use CND by the way!!!!!xxxx

Have you check their client consultation cards to see if they are on any medication or under any stress at the moment?

Thanks everyone for the kind replys-I have noticed a pattern had my inking cap on see lol). When I did my consultation the last client it happened to,she said her last tech said she must have oily nails because he liquid and powder always lift-she said sometimes within a few hours. I always check for medications-the only ones these clients are on is contraception. Maby she actualy does have a problem with them adhering. (I know she wont be coming back-tried to get her to but no way). The other one had just started a new job (using alot of cleaning fluids). All these clients bar one are under 24. Do you think it could be something to do with the fact they are young. It also happened when I had that realy hot weather (maby my monemar got too hot-it happened twice in a week and I threw the last bit of monemar away). Yeh I have had training recently and I seem to be getting along ok except fot these few clients. I think its me even if im not giving thorough enough aftercare-thats still me!! But do you guys think anything I have mentioned in this new post could be the reason. Im a bit obsessed sorry its just I want all my clients to be happy and I want to build a good reputation. Thanks again what would I do without you guys!!!xXXX
X

If nail enhancements are lifting within a couple of days then there is a barrier of some sort between the product and the natural nails. I very much doubt that it is medication or oily nails!! (why have I never seen these oily nails I wonder???)

I agree with Raquel apart form her comment about "ScrubFresh, ScrubFresh, ScrubFresh". Using too much Srcrubfresh can pose problems if the nail plate is still wet with it.

You need to Scrub thoroughly with Scrubfresh but only need a damp pad and the nails should never be still wet around the nail folds. I always ensure that I take the dampened pad very precisely around the folds of each nail after I have scrubbed the surface.

Product should only be applied to a completely dry surface.

Your mix should not be too wet or gooey around the folds either. Same mix ratio all the way through the enhancement. And do not over work the product either in the area of the folds. A simple press and light stroke into place is all that is necessary .. no need to overplay it.

If nail enhancements are lifting within a couple of days then there is a barrier of some sort between the product and the natural nails. I very much doubt that it is medication or oily nails!! (why have I never seen these oily nails I wonder???)

I agree with Raquel apart form her comment about "ScrubFresh, ScrubFresh, ScrubFresh". Using too much Srcrubfresh can pose problems if the nail plate is still wet with it.

You need to Scrub thoroughly with Scrubfresh but only need a damp pad and the nails should never be still wet around the nail folds. I always ensure that I take the dampened pad very precisely around the folds of each nail after I have scrubbed the surface.

Product should only be applied to a completely dry surface.

Your mix should not be too wet or gooey around the folds either. Same mix ratio all the way through the enhancement. And do not over work the product either in the area of the folds. A simple press and light stroke into place is all that is necessary .. no need to overplay it.
lol Geeg think i was just gtting excited about scrubfresh... not meaning to sound like drown ya client in it but ya know how it is.. carefully prep with scrubfresh and bang.. the client lifts up her hand into her freshly caked on make up..oil back in the nail plates.. i just love scrubfresh me..its the best prep product on the market, i cant live without it..:lol:

Latest posts

Back