Please help me! "inflight beauty therapy"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahain

Reaction score
Hey guys! wondering if any1 can help me................
im really cut up cos virgin atlantic have cancelled recruiting all inflght beauty therapy.
im currently working in a great salon, and have been for a yr. im qualified in level 1 2 and 3 nvq.
plus acrylic nails, spray tan, ear piercing ect.......
but i was hoping to travel and really had my heart set on it. im 19 and think this is all i wan2 do. i've thought about cruise liners but i've heard alot of bad things like over worked and under payed etc........
please let me know if you know of another airline that does inflight beauty therapy or something similar. need guidance!!!!
thanks xxxxxxxxxxx :cry:

Hiya,

Just a thought but if it was travelling you wanted to do then why not apply for a cabin crew job,if you've worked in a salon this is the type of person they are looking for, good with people etc. You could then do your beauty therapy mobile around your flight schedules. Also you'd get lots of business oppurtunities from the rest of the cabin crew and their friends etc. Why don't you try it, then when you feel ready to settle down and stay in one place you can open a salon of your own!

HTH x

I'm a moderator of the V-Flyer site, we aren't linked to Virgin Atlantic but the site is all about Virgin and those that fly with them.

At the moment the position of IFBT (inflight beauty therapist) is under review / consultation. While this is underway that usually means no more recruitment for that role, no decision has been made on the future of the role but it is widely believed that this is the end of the IFBT onboard Virgin Atlantic.

I believe they are looking at expanding the salon (operated by Cowshed) in the Clubhouse business lounge at Heathrow Airport so they may well have a recruitment drive on their if IFBT's don't wish to fill those roles. Definately worth keeping an eye on the website, and as a member of staff you get great deals on travel.

I can't remember which airline it is, possibly Airtours, who also have a similar role using Dermalogica products I believe. Don't give up, give them a try.

If you want great fun and enjoyment try crewing with Virgin, if you want a job as crew that pays the best try EasyJet or BA.

Mat

Latest posts

Back