Please help me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza1981

Reaction score
Howdy all!

I am at college studying nail tech using NSI spa system at the mo, Our assessments begin on the 5th of November (Is if I wasn't nervous enough! fireworks going off in my ears! :eek::lol:)

Anyway I did my first full set on my mum last week took 3 hours was dead chuffed thought i'd be sitting there for alot longer breakfast lunch and dinner! Also I have a nail trainer and have practised doing a hand a couple of times and can do this in an hour and a half.

However we have been informed by our tutor that we must complete a full set in 2 hours on our assessments, Apart from practise,practise practise which I am doing, wondered if you wise peeps could give me any hints or tips on getting them done quicker. Obviously I dont wanna cut any corners but must build up speed. Is this something that just comes with practise??

Thanks for reading :hug:

Yes practise is the key, but there are a couple of things that you can think about that may help.

Are you taking your own model? If so, really get to know those nails first. make sure they are in top condition and are already prepped. That way, you will still do a prep in the assessment, but know that you aren't spending too long prepping...and can focus on your application. Get your length filed down first and know what size tips you are going for....fi you are tipping. And if sculpting, practise like made getting those forms fitted right first time.

Think about the preperation and layout of your tools too. You'd be amazed how long it adds if you just keep diving into a bag for a different file or brush.

And lastly, although it sounds obvious, don't waste any time chatting. When its your Mum, you will probably have chatted about a number of things. Yes, you probably kept on working, but I know that talking at the same time certainly slows me down, even though I think I'm working at the same pace.

And good luck, let us know how you get on!

Thanks so much :)

Thats given me something to think about.... I hadn't looked at it like that, I will make sure I get to know my friends nails before hand, maybe give her a manicure that way I can ensure they are in tip top condition.

I am doing tips not sculpting haven't tried that yet looks very hard :eek:

Anyway will let you know how I get on , fingers crossed!

Crikey Zingara what fab tips, I don't think theres anything left for me to add lol!

Hey good luck Kezza with your assessment. :hug:

Latest posts

Back