Please help-what is this on my lady's eyebrow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyselina

Reaction score
Everytime I do my lady's brows she always gets a lump on the top edge of her left brow and its very itchy and burny, she has been like this for years wherever she goes, it's not the tint as when she just has them waxed it does this and I have used different waxes on her. Today I done them and the lumps came out worse and only took a couple of mins to come out, does anybody know what this could be? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424299993.875522.jpg

They look like a histamine reaction , I always get hives on my top lip after I've waxed x

Oedema which is swelling.. Not saying it is but it could be. It's common in electrolysis if the current is too high so maybe your lady is sensitive and or the wax is too high for her skin.

it's a histamine reaction.

her body is over reacting to the trauma of the hair being removed

she could take an anti histamine before she comes in which would help with the reaction

I have a few clients like this, an antihistamine cream could also be useful for her, but ordinarily it doesn't last that long xx

Is it dangerous though or classed as an allergy, it was worse this time she had it done, how exactly is it caused?

It's not dangerous , the body over reacts from the hair being pulled out and so "fights" back by releasing histamine in response x

Probably be the after wax cream or an ingredient in the wax ages allergic too

I get this everywhere I wax, looks terrible on my legs. I now have my face threaded as skin doesn't react in same way to it, goes red but no swelling. I also now only use sudocrem on facial waxing as even the gentlest after wax creams sometimes irritated client's skin. Never had a problem since I stated using it.

Probably be the after wax cream or an ingredient in the wax ages allergic too

If it's an allergy wouldn't it be on all the areas not been waxed? I didn't put any cream on this time as I could see it coming up straight away

Latest posts

Back