Please help with my spray tanning dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi Guy

I offer a fair range of treatments in my home based salon including spray tan.

Now I don't do many tans really, probably a max of about 4 every three months. I stock Fake Bake Darker and a range of the Nouvatan but only have at mo 20%, 16% and a small amount of 12% & 14% ( probably one tans worth that I have mixed myself)

I have been asked to do a tan for a mother and daughter (new clients) this week. They came for a patch test this evening and I realise that my Nouvatan 20% is green but the Fake Bake Darker which is older looks fine.

The advice I wanted from you guys if you don't mind is what would you do -

Give it up completely on tanning as I don't want to buy solution just to go off (my 20% is 3/4 full)

Buy a minimul amount if so which would you advise - 10 / 12% or just a rapid tan.

I read on here somewhere that Nouvatan has a six month shelf life I think, is Fake Bake longer.

To be honest, If I realised the tan was off before I took the call, I would have not taken the booking but need to sort something quick

H xx

On every cosmetic you buy there should be an open jar logo, this tells you the shelf life of a product from the day you break the seal & open it, i've attached a pic of what the logo looks like, hths

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363777302.135647.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363777302.135647.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 58
Do you advertise for your spray tans? - is there just not the call for it?

If there's no call for tanning in your area then it may well the right decision to give it up but that's just what i think. If you feel you could do more to get them out there, then give it a go :) great source of income if it works out. Spray tans are my bread and butter money really :) xx

Is there a gym near you? Preferably a mens body build place you could do 1 day a week and make 2 days wages the big show offs they are ;-)

Just take rapid tan, its easier to carry 1 and they can control the colour and sleep in it if they want real dark

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

Is there a gym near you? Preferably a mens body build place you could do 1 day a week and make 2 days wages the big show offs they are ;-)

Just take rapid tan, its easier to carry 1 and they can control the colour and sleep in it if they want real dark

Now I like this idea, do you reduce your rates if you do this or charge full price. There are a couple of places that I could email.

I don't push tans I have to say, there are so many people in my area doing cheap tans and I'm not prepared to lower my prices especially as I am fully booked most of the time with my other treatments.

However, I don't really want to stop doing it as I have invested in the tent, gun etc. but just don't want the agro of getting my tent out and up just for one tan now and then.

I thought of just stocking the rapid tan but occasionally I get ladies that have eyelashes then tan and I have had no problems doing this but wouldn't fancy taking the risk if my clients were to be in the shower washing off their tan with 2 -4 hours of their eyelash application.

Maybe I should stock Fake Bake Darker then just a rapid tan. Does anyone have any comments on the difference between Fake Bake rapid & Nouvatan Rapid??

Keep the same price as you need to pay the gym a little bit, perhaps dont run a loyalty scheme (they'll have a tan anyway!) And think about it as a day rate rather then induvidual. Depending on your brand you can buy small bottles of about 4 tans, have one at 10 one at 14 and you can mix a 12, its a little outlay if you dont think your going to use much in a month.

Latest posts

Back