Please Help Yellowing Nail Problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xCharlotteBx

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a new client come in to the salon asking for help, she had dark yellow nails that looked like they had a fungus. I asked her when the problem had started and she said about 4 months ago she had her first ever set of acrylic nails put on. After a week she noticed that they were cracking at the sides and they was too thick so she bought her own acetone from Boots and got them off herself. After that she said they just started to grow that yellow. After doing some research online most of the things i read said that they should just grow out but they havent been. Shes coming back in Monday to see me. can any one suggest what I could do. I was thinking of suggesting some anti fungus treatment possibly?

I know it's a pain up the bum, but I would get her to visit her doctor if you are unsure. Thing is, you don't want to say it is one thing only to find out it isn't that at all.

Bear in mind that lots of things can affect her nails, is she on any medication? Does she smoke? Does she do a lot of cooking or gardening? I've found sometimes that clients who do lots of cooking get stained nails from the foods. Also does she use anything like these gradual tan builders?

I'm sorry if you've already asked her all of these, just trying to think of other things it could be. Like I say though, if you are in doubt, get her to see a doctor.

xxxx

If it didnt come off with acetone or a light buffing it prob isnt a stain. Refer her to the doctors as 4 months is way too long to go with yellow nails and the new nail that has grown def wouldnt be affected.

Latest posts

Back