Please talk to me about Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaLaLayla

Reaction score
Hi, I have over from The Skin Geek. I already offer spray tans and lash extensions and am thinking of expanding my repertoire by offering Bio Sculpture nails. There is a course here I can do which is a bonus.

I would be really interested to hear all from those who have already trained in in. Thanks.

Ive trained it in, I think it's very pricey.
I didnt like doing extensions they weren't strong enough, the gel is very runny, but colour overlays were alright.
But I would probably rather use brisa Lite and Shellac instead of Bio :/

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's great and people know of it so ask for it but it is expensive. If you want to train with them you need level 2 manicure and pedicure first.
I also agree that Brisa is worth doing as an alternative. Xx

Thanks for the replies, really helpful :biggrin:

I use both bio and CND Brisa/Brisa lite.

I originally trained with bio and yes it was expensive. I had a disappointing training experience with them a few months later which they would not rectify. So I switched to CND. Their training and ongoing support really is second to none and I cannot rate it highly enough. However, I do have some clients that (for whatever reason) can only keep the bio on. People also know it by name so.

If you have no prior nails training, I would train with CND and then if you wanted to offer bio further down the line, do their conversion course. Sorry I've rambled a bit but I hope it's made some sense xx

I do bio sculpture and shellac and like both products for different people as they are completely different products. I have tried to get rid of bio in my salon but too many people ask for it by name and too many want stronger and longer naiils which bio gives them...great range of colours too

I love my bio, i have to agree it is pricey but I love the staying power.
I used to think the colour range was quite old fashioned but it's got so much better

I do both bio and brisa lite under shellac. Both are great products but nothing beats bio sculpture when it comes to heavier handed clients. I would say in my salon it's 60% bio 40% shellac. I think it is a great product that is flexible with the nail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again for your replies. I think it is only Biosculpture who do training here. They sent me the info but I am struggling to understand it. Can someone please explain in simple terms the difference between 'Everlasting', 'Overlays' and 'Extensions'?

Just found out on another thread about these online courses:

Professional Nail Courses

I think I might do an online course instead!

I've had bio sculpture for 4 years and I love it. Wouldn't have anything else now!x

I've been doing bio sculpture for around 7 years now and love it as do my clients, it may be slightly more expensive but I think you get what you pay for 😉

Thanks again for your replies. I think it is only Biosculpture who do training here. They sent me the info but I am struggling to understand it. Can someone please explain in simple terms the difference between 'Everlasting', 'Overlays' and 'Extensions'?

Overlays are pretty much 'the gel layers being applied directly to the clients own (long/ish) nails. If the clients nails arent long (or they have the odd short nail/s) then using Bio Sculpture Gel you can extend the length of the nail (by sculpturing one on using the gel - They look incredibly natural & are not heavy in the slightest, which Acrylics or other methods of extending the nails usually are). Once lengthened, then a normal Gel Overlay can then be applied... The clients own nails grow beneath the gel allowing clients to grow their own nails (who otherwise can never get their nails to grow, without them snapping)..

The sculptured extension soaks off within minutes, as does the rest of the gel, leaving the nails damaged free. (Like they have never been subjected to any treatments).

Extensions are normally a reference to someone applying a tip to the nail & then blending it, before proceeding to apply the gel..

I have used Bio Sculpture for 7+ years now. It's a very versatile product. (Allowing you to do all manner of creations with it ie: guinea fowel feathers can be dropped & set within the gel etc) - Bio Sculpture Gel is the original everlasting manicure, as they are the ones who invented coloured soak off gels and have been around 25 years + now...

See my Profile pic all that is done using Bio Sculpture Gel. The ring finger is a Guinea Fowl feather dropped between the gel layers. My little finger has been extended into a stilletto shape too)...

Last edited:
I love Bio Sculpture. Used it for 8 years now. Yes its expensive but worth it. Overlays are the gel applied directly to the clients own nails and you can apply it over tips or sculpt the nails. Never had any problems with extensions not being strong enough. My distribution rep is fantastic - the support I get from her is second to none. Different areas may be different though. The colour range is also fab with something for everyone and new colour collections 2 or 3 times a year.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use both bio and CND Brisa/Brisa lite.

I originally trained with bio and yes it was expensive. I had a disappointing training experience with them a few months later which they would not rectify. So I switched to CND. Their training and ongoing support really is second to none and I cannot rate it highly enough. However, I do have some clients that (for whatever reason) can only keep the bio on. People also know it by name so.

If you have no prior nails training, I would train with CND and then if you wanted to offer bio further down the line, do their conversion course. Sorry I've rambled a bit but I hope it's made some sense xx

Hi lucy_lu!
Just read your comment, I have also trained with bio sculpture years ago but am considering training with brisa also. I don't suppose you happen to know if the two products are compatable with each other? as I'd like to use brisa/brisa lite smoothing/sculpting as a base and for enhancements?x x x

Latest posts

Back